Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Just steadily gathering little parts that I need to get the LT1 ready for the 240Z transplant.

I have the steam pipe, but need the banjo bolts to attach it. I will need to get the seals too, but can still get them at the dealer if needed.

If anybody has an extra set laying around, please let me know the shipped cost to 80920.

No big hurry...

Thanks!
Tim

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Available here...

On eBay now. Seller is forum member at Chevy dealership.

Head Coolant Bolts w/Seals~Impala SS~LT1 Caprice~9C1~

Item number: 370352304374

Item condition:New
Quantity:
2 lots available (6 items per lot)

Price:US $79.Buy It NowBuy It Now
Returns:3 day exchange
Shipping:$7.49 US Postal Service Priority

I would think you may also want to check at your local dealership.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
983 Posts
Those thing are so expensive for no real reason!

I'll ship you a pair for $25. Don't have the seals though.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On eBay now. Seller is forum member at Chevy dealership.

I would think you may also want to check at your local dealership.

Richard Snipes
Thanks Richard. I did see this listing before I posted my ad here. I felt pretty much like Chwagon feels below.

I'll ship you a pair for $25. Don't have the seals though.
Thanks! That is not as painful. :D

I can get seals at Napa for $1.50 each. I can still get the seals from GM, but need to check on the cost.

Shoot me a PM with your PayPal address and I'll send the $$.

Thanks again,
Tim

·
Registered
983 Posts
PM'dya! cwm1

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I beg to differ that there is no real reason to be that expensive. GM does NOT have any and they are 100% Obsolete from GM. There are No dealers that have any left in stock anywhere in the USA. RMS does not have any and we can not find any cheaper source for them so we pay big bucks to get them so that is why the price is so high. I feel that there is enough need for them for us to pay the long dollar to help people who can't find them. If I had not conned the boss into paying the long dollar for them, WE would NOT have them either. I'm just saying.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Parts, hmmm...parts...

That's kinda why I bought the whole 9 yards...tube, bolts & seals rather than just the bolts & seals.

This stuff is going away and it's not gonna be like with my '54 Pontiac where there is still a ton of really weird and wonderful parts still surfacing out of us old fart's parts piles. Back in the day the General really did support the cars for a very long time as the average person actually kept and maintained their cars for a very long time.

By the time our fave B & D body came to the end of the assembly line...1996, GM did only what was required by law. Now, since the "economic downturn" and subsequent destruction of American automotive life as we knew it, we'll be lucky to find a damn 1/4-20 bolt, much less something with a valid part number or made in the USA. Checked the manufacturer origin on your latest GM parts purchase? The water pump cover o-rings I just bought are made in Mexico. The brakes in Canada, and I am happy to get the one made in Canada vs China!

Oh, you ain't experienced nothing yet. I cannot wait for the guy who showed up at the weekend cruise with his top dog factory blower Mustang when he tries to get the $2.00 part the keeps it all together when it craps out in two years and there are none. Crystal ball what you think you will need and become a parts horder. It will all make for a very interesting estate sale. At least that's what I tell my son. Someone like us will be happy. I only wish I could be there too!

When someone offers a real part for sale, or free, say thank you and buy it if you need it or think you will. Harvest the best from the cadavers in the junk yards while they are still reasonably free of rot. If you read carefully you know what replacement parts are crap and a waste of your money. You also know what seems to live forever...until yours dies, like the damn blower control module in my Fleetwood and the "new" one is not a quality Japanese piece like the original. But I digress...

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Richard, we should skip the junk yard run tomorrow and just go buy that D body I told you about ;) I bet we could talk them down to $600, drive it home and have a ton good parts :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand all of the comments and input guys. I am a purchasing manager and have managed over 20,000 individual part numbers. I understand part obsolescence, "planned" obsolescence and general supply and demand cycles all too well.

In this case, I knew that I could buy a set of bolts for $80 and just did not want to pay the $. IMO, $80 for 2 small bolts is ridiculous! I would pay it if I HAD TO, but there are enough of these cars and engines out there that I knew I could get a set of these either here or over on the Z28 forum for a reasonable cost.

I have a shed full of parts for these Datsun Z cars. Eventually, I will also gather the parts for the Impala too. As I see parts for these cars and engines, I will pick them up where I can.

Either way, the points are well taken. Parts will be harder to find and we will do whatever we need to do to keep these cars and engines on the road...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts