Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
The best one I have has some rust on it, but is in good condition. I would like $35 shipped for it.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Countless GM cars use the group 78 battery. Punched in 99 Suburban as a WAG and this came up:

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-15891945-Battery-Tray-Left/dp/B00GUBMC8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497244989&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+tray+99+suburban

Not saying it fits but odds are this or something similar would work. May have to drill a hole or use a shim on this or similar. Tray is nearly hidden so who would know?

I had your same problem on a 74 Pontiac (same battery) years ago and made something else new work.

One slight difference in a GM part triggers a different part # and a N/A on a search.

Nothing like a new chunk of steel.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Can you upload some pictures of the top/bottom so I can see the level of rust present?
I doubt you will find a new tray. all the used trays do get rust due to the acid. I use a cover over the battery [roofing rubber] and this does stop the acid from weeping down on the tray ... Fred most likely has a tray that can be cleaned up/painted and then apply a mineral based rust proof coating .. if your tray is structurally sound no reason to replace it ..

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Send me your email, and I will send you pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts