Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If it's what i'm thinking you're talking about, there is no trim there. SS's had that surround painted black, while others did not.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Trim

Interesting that nothing was there. May be difficult to find just these and you may need to get the whole tail. I have a Caprice that had Chrome Trim around the Tail lights where the Impalas are painted black. the black always seems to flake off or fade. I wanted to do something different.

It was tricky to remove the metal trim from the lights but I was able to get the rings off and have them powdercoated black. Don't belive these lights are designed to have this trim removed, since the little tabs aren't very forgiving (break after a few bends) and are difficult to get to. But it is do-able and the powder coat has been holding up well.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a set on a set of SS lights that are otherwise garbage.

I'll take a look this weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i need a set too for my 94 9c1 it had a clear lens kit put on before i bought the car and have no clue where the trim is now

·
Registered
695 Posts
use the vinyl tape that is used to blackout the window trim,,, Ive done two sets and hold up fine.. just another option

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have a set of the caprice chrome trim rings with all tabs if anyone is interested. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts