Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
These are available aftermarket. I would search it out for you but I have VERY limited time right now. (No WiFi at wife's aunt's house) There are some in stainless steel and some that are powder coated. I just put a slight bend in a 1 inch tube and welded it between the frame. Search on here and find posts by Scot and others.
I found the SS one. http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/Chevy-GMCBraces.htm I checked some links to rms but not getting anything.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
If you are referring to the rear cross brace, you can make one out of a piece of DOM tubing, by flattening the ends, and drilling holes for bolts.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have an OG if you’re still interested. I’m located in Cali but shipping is not a problem.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
If you are referring to the rear cross brace, you can make one out of a piece of DOM tubing, by flattening the ends, and drilling holes for bolts.
^^^

IIRC these braces were more for a harmonic resistance thing GM put on the more cushy Roadmaster.

any form of "bar" cut to length with hole at either end would do the same thing

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
^^^

IIRC these braces were more for a harmonic resistance thing GM put on the more cushy Roadmaster.

any form of "bar" cut to length with hole at either end would do the same thing
I agree that just bolting it in would still allow some wiggle. As Scot had said long ago here, weld a piece of tube with a bend in the middle (for fuel filler hose) actually stiffens things up. Sort of like "See Alice". I don't want to go through the weld vs. bolt on again.

Mark: Snowman-33

1 - 8 of 8 Posts