· Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like it says.
Any body got one cheap?

· Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if i dont here anything i might ask you to grab it and give me a price.
Thanks

· Registered
1,532 Posts
It attaches to either side of the frame. Here's on I sold that I had powder coated black.

Here's a polished stainless steel brace installed on my SS. I took the pic the day we swapped out my stock transmission support brace for a tubular trans brace, ds safety loop and the Edge torque converter. :) Pic complete with some of my Tampa INC brothers. Thanks for all the help guys!

· Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Just like it says.
Any body got one cheap?
You can easily make one. Take some 1", 0.065-0.095 wall tube, cut it to length, hammer the ends down or crush them in a vise (poor mans press :) ), and drill the holes. If you don't have a metal shop nearby, you can get some tubing from Home Depot (crappy price markup but..), and have at it.

Nuttin to it.

· Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can easily make one. Take some 1", 0.065-0.095 wall tube, cut it to length, hammer the ends down or crush them in a vise (poor mans press :) ), and drill the holes. If you don't have a metal shop nearby, you can get some tubing from Home Depot (crappy price markup but..), and have at it.

Nuttin to it.
I thought about that. I know it wouldn't be hard.
May just run by the HD.
Thanks everyone.

· Registered
1,734 Posts
Nobody mentioned this yet so I gueSS I will.

It dont do nuttin for handling (kinda like the HotchkiSS underhood brace). And as far as cutting down the drone, nope, did not see that either.

I must admit.....that polished StainleSS one looks pretty cool though, nice job.

· Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

It dont do nuttin for handling (kinda like the HotchkiSS underhood brace). And as far as cutting down the drone, nope, did not see that either.

I must admit.....that polished StainleSS one looks pretty cool though, nice job.
Great. thanks for the input but the reason I'm installing one isn't for either of those issues.;) But that was what alot of people installed them for before.

Jason Thanks, but no polish for me, looks odd back there.

· Premium Member
1,577 Posts

You're right.. but both braces help steering feel. It's odd to think that those braces would, but they do.. assuming your steering isn't so worn out you couldn't feel it anyway..

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Great. thanks for the input but the reason I'm installing one isn't for either of those issues.;) But that was what alot of people installed them for before.

Jason Thanks, but no polish for me, looks odd back there.
Polished odd? Blasphemy in my book. LOL... Good luck with the brace search.

· Registered
26 Posts
Just put a trailer hitch on.....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.