Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall i got into a little fender bender the other day still pissed that it happened and i need to get a white passenger fender and a complete bumper for a caprice because the local yards dont have to many caprices and roadmasters and when they do they are pretty jacked up just lmk what you have and the price

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
I can get the parts, but the shipping is going to be a little high. I have a Caprice bumper cover on my OCC temporarily, and when I get the OCC bumper painted, I will swap them out. The Caprice cover needs paint and the chrome strip is a little worn. I may not get to it until my fall semester is over. There are a couple of white fenders on Caprices, and RMWs here. Again the shipping is high. Greyhound will probably be about $50 for each of them, and you do not even want to price the other shippers. The actual metal bumper and shocks are the same story. Which parts do you need specifically. Parts prices: cover $50, fender $90, metal bumper $60, bumper shocks $15 each.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
bumper bar

I have the metal re-enforcment bar and the shocks from a '95 that go behind the front bumper. Could sell you all for $60 plus shipping and could probably get a good ship quote thru work. LMK

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Greyhound

I've heard good things about greyhound freight prices and I'm sure some things would be cheaper. But my experience in getting a quote Monday on some wheels was CRAZY.

Four Impala wheels, just the rims at 35lbs. each in a 20"x10" box I was quoted from Greyhound - ~$130 from Midwest to Md. I got a quote for Estes Freight co. to ship all 4 on a pallet for $57. Now this was a company discount price thru my work but still well below Greyhound. Just saying, it's worth the time doing your research on all options when looking to ship something.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
I've heard good things about greyhound freight prices and I'm sure some things would be cheaper. But my experience in getting a quote Monday on some wheels was CRAZY.

Four Impala wheels, just the rims at 35lbs. each in a 20"x10" box I was quoted from Greyhound - ~$130 from Midwest to Md. I got a quote for Estes Freight co. to ship all 4 on a pallet for $57. Now this was a company discount price thru my work but still well below Greyhound. Just saying, it's worth the time doing your research on all options when looking to ship something.
Try putting them all in one box (20X20X40). I bet they would cost about $50-60 by Greyhound.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
They won't take anything over 100lbs. Tried to break it up into 2 boxes 20"x20" at 70lbs. each. The quote price I got online was $66.35 per box. Thanks anyway, but I'm going to stick with the Freight co.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts