Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the one that goes in the "Convenience Center". This is the green relay that controls the lights when you open the door, as well as the chime for the turn signals, etc,

It's GM P/N: 10217146

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paypal Sent! Thanks

I put an extra dollar to cover the fee.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks BigBlackBeaSSt!

Didn't get to install until today. Works perfectly, thanks for the prompt shipping.

Now I just need to figure out if I LIKE it! I got used to the lights NOT coming on when I opened the door... well, at least I have the option!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Features

I think they only made two boxes that are interchangeable. The green box that I have and a brown one with a different part number. I'm not SURE about the brown one, Ill try to check later. I'm not sure about other B-bodys, or even Impala vs 9C1 or Caprice. One of them uses the brown box.

As far as the features as follows that I have personally tested:

Turns on interior lights when any door is opened. The lights stay on even when the door is closed, and turn themselves off in about 30 seconds. This may be adjustable with the twilight sentenel, but I haven't checked that yet.

If you have the key in the ignition and open a door with the engine off, the chime will activate to remind you to get your keys.

There does not appear to be a way to turn the lights OFF when a door is open. I would appreciate if anyone out there knows of a way to do this short of removing the module. I had an override switch in my 9C1.

I have read that the chime will activate if you leave your turn signal on and drive down the road like is so common here in Florida!

If I designed it, I would have it chime for low fuel, but I don't know if this is a feature, and our gas gauges don't work very well anyway. (Yet!)

I don't think changing a box will change the features because the wiring in the car and the chime need to work together.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can you post a pic of where u plugged the wire harness into? I recently switched from the brown module to the green & dont know if I have the option to plug the connector in anywhere. I know the green module is alot louder than the brown one (in my case).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts