Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I need a decal or the complete chrome cap with decal. I will even consider a whole set of caps if they have the decals. I contacted a couple of people who used to make them on here but no response. Does anyone make them anymore? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpity bump

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Contact Member "MaximuSS" here on the Forum. He does all kinds of Vinyl graphics and decals.

Chevy Impala SS Forum - View Profile: MaximuSS

He did a set a "SS" Decals for my Aftermarket Chrome Caps which were slightly larger than Stock in the Center. He can do custom stuff and his decals are holding up well on my Caps.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I've already contacted him, Adam jack on eBay, and albo caprice. I have bought from all of them before. Hopefully they still do these. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome caps and decals. Decals came from 69cam on eBay. I bought from him before on the forum. Great quality and price. Quick shipping. Thanks for the replies gang.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
As an FYI on this subject, you can get similar pieces made from aluminum, anodized black, and then laser engraved with whatever you want by contacting the guy who started this forum HACK.

2S Manufacturing

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Awesome caps and decals. Decals came from 69cam on eBay. I bought from him before on the forum. Great quality and price. Quick shipping. Thanks for the replies gang.

Those look like they turned out really w"H"ell. I assume those are aftermarket caps?

The reason I ask, is I have a set of All Chrome Caps I bought for my Chrome wheels. The satin caps just did not look right plus I don't have an Impala and the Impala Logo did not match what I wanted. As I mentioned, the circumference of the hole was a bit larger than the stock cap...something like 2.75" compared to the stock 2.50". So the ready made aftermarket stickers you see with various logo's would not have covered the opening fully.

Once I decided I wanted something to completely fill the area, I contacted Max to get a custom set made in Black with the "SS" Logo in Silver. The other issue I noticed and was not crazy about with the After Market cap was how deep the recessed area in the center section is compared to the stock cap. Not sure why they made them this way but that decal area is about a 1/4" recess and not flush like the stock cap. I was worried dirt would build up in there and just didn't like the look.

So I had some Plastic disks made up the thickness of the recess. Then attached them to the center cap area using a Stainless Screw and a Nyl-nut to keep it secure. Now the decal when applied sits flush with the top of the cap. Probably too late for you to try but just throwing this out there in case anyone else doing this has the same concerns.

Wheel is dirty as heck but it's the only pic I currently have....

Found this old thread of Post #12 has some better pics of what I did....

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/8-parts-sale-wanted/256483-wtb-chrome-ss-wheel-center-caps-w-emblem.html

Anyone else looking for info on aftermarket caps, there are a bunch of old threads but a lot of the links may be dead.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
As an FYI on this subject, you can get similar pieces made from aluminum, anodized black, and then laser engraved with whatever you want by contacting the guy who started this forum HACK.

2S Manufacturing
Nice!!! I'll have to keep this in mind if/when I need to replace my decals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts