Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a set of stock 17"ers that have been chromed and include the center caps. There must be someone out there wanting to go with a larger wheel and sell a set. Please PM me and send some pics....thanks!!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
chrome stockers

I found this link up on EBAY and they are under $800 for the set. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Chevy-Impala-SS-Caprice-Wheel-Rim-Chrome_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a52a8eb88QQitemZ250494905224QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories So these are a little cheaper and seem like a good part. I found another vendor that is running an exchange for $750 but I don't have the stockers to trade.

I was hoping someone had a used set cheaper. If not I may wait to get the new after-market wheels since they look pretty nice. Funds are just a little tough now. I was hoping someone had a nice used set and was looking to sell and go with a larger/different wheel. I've always liked the look of the stockers but not the satin finish.

EDIT....I could also include my 16" American Racing, 5 spoke (star), Polished Aluminum wheels to trade along with some ca$h. They have a similar cover like stock Impala wheel that covers the lugs. These AR's are not made by AR anymore and were the last set in the WORLD when I bought them. They were discontinued (years ago) and none of the SpeedShops at the time had them anymore. I contacted AR directly and the tech at AR looked in their warehouse and he found the last 5 in existence. I bought all 5 and still have the 5th wheel, "Brand New" in the box as a spare. I bought them directly from AR and they gave me such a good price that I got all 5 incase I bent/broke one. These have looked really nice on my Caprice for years and are a good comprimise over the 15"ers. Tires are a little cheaper than for the larger diameter wheels and I run a 235/60/16 on them and they ride great. I could post part numbers and pics later if someone is interested in trading a Chrome Stock Impala set.

·
Registered
522 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a lot of response from other members wanting to see my AR wheels. Rather than sending pics to everyone, I'll get some tonight of them on the car as well as the spare that I have up in the attic and post them here. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached are some pics of my wheels on the car and the extra spare wheel I have. Keep in mind that my car really needs to be washed and has been driven in the rain a few times since I last washed it. But when clean the wheels still have good shine to them but do take ocassional work to clean up real nice since these are un-coated, polished aluminum. The brake dust and winters can be hard on these. The boxed wheel still has the protective green ring and cover on the center cap. These center caps are also metal and not plastic like newer wheels. At the time I got these, these were the closet I could find to the stock Impala wheel in a 16" size and were discontinued. I wanted the lugs to be covered and always liked the 5 spoke design on the Caprice/Impala.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a couple more of the Brand New Wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crackeron20's - I sent ya an e-mail.....

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TTT - Ready to work out a deal on a used set of these. Anyone out there wanting to get rid of theirs and go with as larger wheel? Lets work something out.

They must have a very good finish. A little curb rash isn't a problem since these would be used, but the finish must be VG with no chipping, peeling or pitting in the chrome.

Thanks....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts