Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Your local GM dealer may have original bolts. There are a lot of BBs out there. The bolts for most of the BBs are the same throughout the production run. Pan bolts, head bolts, valve cover bolts, water pump bolts, intake manifold bolts, main bearing bolts, rod bolts, and exhaust manifold bolts. The only different bolts, and it may only be the number of bolts for the timing cover (I have a Gen VI, so I am not sure about Gen I, II, and III) should be the same. The cam gear bolts may be different.

The two piece main seal crank that came in the Gen I, II,and III is not compatible with the Gen V and Gen VI, and the oil pans and timing cover are different. The bolts for the oil pan should be the same. There is no Gen IV.

·
Premium Member
4,539 Posts
Gen I, II,and III is not compatible with the Gen V and Gen VI, and the oil pans and timing cover are different. The bolts for the oil pan should be the same. There is no Gen IV.
If you want to split hairs, there was no GEN 1 2 3 or 4

Mark IV was the first readily available BB chev available to the general public ( Yeah Yeah Mark I "W', Mark II Mystery)
Next step was the GEN V and so on

Ratdog42, if you are looking for exact 1969 parts , bolt head ids, etc. for some nutso resto , and cost is not a big deal , PM me.
A family member is deep into Real COPO Camaros and would probably know sources

1 - 5 of 5 Posts