Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've seen another SS with this on the side behind the front wheels. Were they some sort of special edition or something? I've only seen like one or two. Or is it just something that they added?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
cross flags

It's actually something you can buy as a pair from different vendors. I think they belong on 61 Impalas, maybe I'm wrong cwm4
Classic Industries sell them. I think even the Naisso store has them.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
its added.came on the 61 impala ss.streetrends sells them.impalasuperstore, or any classic impala store will carry them.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I've got a set on my SS.

They look pretty cool. I think I may have a set stored somewhere. Let me check to see what I go in addition to what I paid for them and I'll let you know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Thank you for the link.

$35 is way better that $67.

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Glad I could be of some help, there are all kinds of emblems on that site...though oddly I've not been able to find any cross flag emblems from a '61 Impala, other than this speaker emblem:

http://www.show-cars.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3711

Which I imagine may be a larger emblem and sold singular. I wonder if this whole '61 Impala cross-flag emblem notion is just a misunderstanding and they really mean '58 or '59?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Just curious, since the stud is being ground off, I'm assuming you use some double sided tape to mount these? What type of tape is best?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I used 3M, works great.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.