Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for GM body mount bushing # 488610 (Position 5).

Must be a new original GM part. I'm aware that they're available from OldCarStuff.com, but they're reproductions.

Let me know if you have them!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey Zach, If you know any parts guys at a dealership they can run a nationwide search thru there parts system. I found some NOS 57 chevy parts that way. I even got them at the last price listed by GM before they were discontinued. I can do it on monday for you. I used to be a Chevy parts guy and I still have lots of freinds that work at dealerships. Let me know if you want me to try it for you.
see ya!!
Ron..

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Hey Zach, If you know any parts guys at a dealership they can run a nationwide search thru there parts system. I found some NOS 57 chevy parts that way. I even got them at the last price listed by GM before they were discontinued. I can do it on monday for you. I used to be a Chevy parts guy and I still have lots of freinds that work at dealerships. Let me know if you want me to try it for you.
see ya!!
Ron..
If you can do that, you are going to have a lot of friends here. Now what was on my list.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Looking for GM body mount bushing # 488610 (Position 5).

Must be a new original GM part. I'm aware that they're available from OldCarStuff.com, but they're reproductions.

Let me know if you have them!
And just what are they worth to you??? :D

Is there a problem with the repro version? Or is this a "perfection" restoration situation?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And just what are they worth to you??? :D

Is there a problem with the repro version? Or is this a "perfection" restoration situation?
Bill,

If I'm gonna make them, I want to start with the original, not a copy-of-a-copy. :D

Let me know what you want for them...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM'd--just curious if you've actually looked at the OldCarStuff part, is it flawed in some way? What comes from you will be "reproduction" too....or am I missing something?
Bill,

I haven't looked into the OldCarStuff part at all - I wouldn't be able to draw any conclusions by ordering one and looking at it anyways, since I don't have an original for comparison.

When I make a reproduction, I like to use the original as a starting point. When you make a copy-of-a-copy, there is always the possibility that you're compounding mistakes. Plus, I need to analyze the rubber compound of the original in order to match it. Maybe OCS has used the same quality rubber, maybe not - I'm not taking any chances when I have to run a thousand pieces.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Check with Angel at George Bates Automotive in Upland, CA

909-949-7984

He found me a body bushing that everyone else was out of stock.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Do you have 2? What condition? And how much shipped to 07005?
Two? Thot you needed one as a sample. This would be new, however more than one makes it unlikely. Sorry, not in a position to sell two.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two? Thot you needed one as a sample. This would be new, however more than one makes it unlikely. Sorry, not in a position to sell two.
I'll take one. Would prefer 2 but 1 is OK. I'd like to have a few to check as samples, I can get 1 from you and maybe 1 or 2 from Navy Lifer.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'll take one. Would prefer 2 but 1 is OK. I'd like to have a few to check as samples, I can get 1 from you and maybe 1 or 2 from Navy Lifer.
It still is a no-go. Was to get three from a dealer which would have allowed one oddball. The dealer wanted [email protected] I wasn't interested!
They can rip off someone else or the cushions can rot on the shelf.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts