Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be getting my hood sometime this week and guess everyone says run the f-body hood struts since they are a little weaker. If anyone has 2 in working condition, ill take them. pm me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Will be getting my hood sometime this week and guess everyone says run the f-body hood struts since they are a little weaker. If anyone has 2 in working condition, ill take them. pm me.
I ordered mine from Discount Auto Parts and they were $22.99 a piece. But when I put them on they were not strong enough to hold my suncoast hood up. So I took them back and put back on my stock ones. Don't know if everyone had this problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dont waste your $ I have some in the shed (were not strong enough) also my suncoast will not line up correctly with strutts on it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I know using the f-body struts were pretty much mandatory a while back, but if you read their web site now it states “No need for new brackets or special struts”. So maybe the redesign fixed the problem that plagued own of previous years.
A friend and I just went there last week to pick up his new hood, but we forgot to ask them about this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.