Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB - OLD/USED F+R disc brake pads

Hey guys,

I need to send some front AND rear backing plates off to Carbotech so they can re-line them with their pad material. My last set of parts store rear pads delaminated at the track after half a day, and ended up metal on metal, so one of the backing plates I have is too rough to re-line.

If anybody has any worn out or no-good pads they don't want, I'd be happy to pay a couple bucks for your trouble in addition to shipping costs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
So you mean used pads. Disc brake backing plates has a completely different meaning to most people.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Front brake pads

I JUST pulled a set last weekend. One got a little metal to metal contact. If you can use them, we'll work something. Send me an email address, and I'll send you a picture of what I have.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you mean used pads. Disc brake backing plates has a completely different meaning to most people.

Yeah, I figured that right after I posted the thread, but I can't edit the title of the thread once it's posted. D'oh!

I JUST pulled a set last weekend. One got a little metal to metal contact. If you can use them, we'll work something. Send me an email address, and I'll send you a picture of what I have.

Will do! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pictures sent...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures sent...
Whoops! They ended up in my spam folder, which I can't figure out how to check on my phone. The metal to metal pad still looks very usable as a core. I'll PM you here in a sec. Thanks!

I'd suggest buying a new set from Rock Auto. They're only like $7 for a BRAND NEW set.
Here's a link to their close-out parts:
http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1049699&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Nab
Wow! Talk about closeouts! I might just buy a set and have them shipped to Carbotech to save time since my track day is creeping up quick. Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts