Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gas guage doesn't work
and Impala starts after turning over 45secs
and when i punch the throttle it acts if im low on gas( im guessing i screwed something up always on low gas or running out) Could it be injectors

- also need temp coolant sensor it got burnt out from headers

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
You must replace the intake harness when doing the pump.it may look fine but inside could be fried.napa has a great harness for about $15

·
Registered
576 Posts
You must replace the intake harness when doing the pump.it may look fine but inside could be fried.napa has a great harness for about $15
NOTE: I'm sure he meant IN TANK harness.

Check fuel pressure first [40PSI+] then check/change fuel filter, check the harness connection [in trunk-sedan or under rear frame rail-wagon], fuel pump relay and fuel pressure regulator- pull hose off end, it should be dry if not replace.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
R
NOTE: I'm sure he meant IN TANK harness.

Check fuel pressure first [40PSI+] then check/change fuel filter, check the harness connection [in trunk-sedan or under rear frame rail-wagon], fuel pump relay and fuel pressure regulator- pull hose off end, it should be dry if not replace.
yes sorry I meant INTANK HARNESS.replace every time you do a pump.you will be glad you did

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok im deff going to check out the INTAKE Harness.
while driveing her today i would punch the gas and the engine would act like it would want to cut off or stall as if no fuel was getting to the ports. but im deff going to check out the fuel pump 40 psi??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts