Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need P235/70r15 tires, preferably V rated

They came in the Eagle GT+4 and the Eagle RS-A

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good luck with that...I don't know of any V rated stuff still made in that size. The last I saw was English Avons at $300 plus a pop. Great tire I bet however. Big racing history with those..If you have a big budget get them. They are whitewall too for super sleeper look.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Haven't been made for about 20 years. You really want these? Why? Maybe for match or show, but not to drive. I had these only because I got new cheap ($25 ea) at distress sale. V rated whitewalls, unusual. Terrible tire, very fast wear, poor handling, very fast sidewall rot. GY made a lot of $$ selling these to LE at high prices. RSA replaced it....... and not much better either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't been made for about 20 years. You really want these? Why? Maybe for match or show, but not to drive. I had these only because I got new cheap ($25 ea) at distress sale. V rated whitewalls, unusual. Terrible tire, very fast wear, poor handling, very fast sidewall rot. GY made a lot of $$ selling these to LE at high prices. RSA replaced it....... and not much better either.

Yep, looking for at least one to mount on a spare for an accurate trunk restoration. If I found 4 more, I'd buy extra steel rims and have them for show/display.

I'm running modern BFG's now, but in the 225 size. I wouldn't ever drive on old rubber. With my luck they'd rip apart on some rainy night, tear the crap out of my car, and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts