Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of decent quality headers that wont break my pockets. Down the road I want to do an engine swap so I am being very hesitant of putting money into the LT1.. I am having some exhaust leaks so I figured now may be a good time if I will have to do some work anyways..

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,046 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I was looking on summit, and I haven't purchased headers before so I could use some experience/opinions of other members.

Remember I have a 96 9C1 so feel free to chime in with your input.

I tried searching for headers under my specific vehicle 96 caprice 5.7 but no headers came up so I looked under impala ss which should be the same and about 10 results came up, all about 500+ way over my current budget... so I just searched some and found these but I don't know if they apply to my vehicle and its 10pm so I can't call summit right now..

Summit Racing SUM-G9001 $99.95
Flowtech 11108FLT $117.95
Flowtech 11100FLT $121.95
Flowtech 49100FLT $185.95
Patriot Exhaust H8021 $165.95
Patriot Exhaust H8056 $186.95
Hedman Hedders 68290 $159.95
Hedman Hedders 68170 $169.95
Hedman Hedders 68640 $175.95
Hedman Hedders 68299 $199.95

Does anyone know if any of these would fit, and be like replacing OEM manifolds, or would additional fabrication would be needed? I know these aren't coated but I would be buying these for short-term and I figure they would hold up... Also I know autozone sells flowtech brand, but does anyone know if these are the same or just similar by name? I saw pictures and to me they are completely different. Another question, I have done airpump delete but still have EGR, I saw a mention on the summit website about airpump hookup but nothing about EGR..

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
There is a thread out there that covers some of these. Most of them put one of the primaries through the strap between the engine crossmember and the LCA mount.

There are Flowtech headers that are relatively cheap, and require some tweaking of the AC lines. They don't have very thick flanges, but if you spend some of the money you are saving on GOOD gaskets, they are a decent option for the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts