Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Assuming it's just the material that needs a re-do, this thread would be a good addition to what Grandpas Wagon posted....

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/4-interior/232979-diy-headliner-under-50-bucks.html

Walks you through how to do it and as you can see in the pics, comes out looking very nice.

I do have a couple of extra headliners but 1 is already cut for the overhead console mod and the other is Ina 9c1 car with a big ole hole cut for the ticket light. Doubt you would like either but they are available.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for the headliner backing. I have no headliner at all in the car. I do have a jacked up 9c1 headliner that is in very poor shape. Was hoping to find a decent impala one to recover.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Gotcha, there is a junkyard in Northeast, MD (B&H auto parts) with a few Caprices that I just pulled the bumper shocks off of. The headliners were still in the car and maybe you could just pull one of those to use or find a yard closer to you. Can't remember if they were any Gray interiors as the car I worked on was aBlack car with Red interior. But at least you would have a good backer to work with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts