Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's that vague. I'm looking mostly for stock, either iron or aluminum, heads. Ported can be evaluated on case by case as the car is already cammed. Aluminum casting number must be 10207643 or 10128374. I haven't decided the route I'm going to take just yet. At this point, the car just has to get running for this season.

Timmay

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Are you looking for new or used? I have a pair of NOS aluminum bare heads and they are one of those numbers but I forget which one. I also have a pair of Complete NOS Iron heads that are ready to bolt on and have never been used.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I've got a set of ported LT4 heads and the companion ported LT4 manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking to go with the Aluminum heads, since that's the popular choice, but I'm really just more concerned with changing the compression mostly. I know the iron heads flow really well as well. I'm still waiting to hear back from Harris as to what I should really do. New, used, doesn't really matter Mike.

I'm not sure about the LT4 heads. Never even considered them. I'll have to match my intake as well to any heads I do. What port work is done on them, just cleaned up?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I'm not sure about the LT4 heads. Never even considered them. I'll have to match my intake as well to any heads I do. What port work is done on them, just cleaned up?
They are fully ported out to the recommended gasket size. I believe the heads were done by LE, and I know that the manifold was since I personally had that done. I do not have any flow numbers. One of the chambers has a couple of small surface dings from a ring letting loose. I can take some pictures if you're interested. I'd let the whole package (manifold and loaded heads) go for $1000.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I've got a pair of stock iron heads I'd give you to get out of my garage.

They came on a LT1 core I bought for $200 that had water in the oil.

You pay the shipping and they're yours.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I was thinking to go with the Aluminum heads, since that's the popular choice, but I'm really just more concerned with changing the compression mostly. I know the iron heads flow really well as well. I'm still waiting to hear back from Harris as to what I should really do. New, used, doesn't really matter Mike.

Either heads would be great improvement over stock and really wake that thing up. I lean towards aluminum for all the reasons. Do the lt4's have the factory valves? hollow stem intake and sodium filled exhaust? At any rate $1000.00 is a pretty good number for everything complete.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either heads would be great improvement over stock and really wake that thing up. I lean towards aluminum for all the reasons. Do the lt4's have the factory valves? hollow stem intake and sodium filled exhaust? At any rate $1000.00 is a pretty good number for everything complete.
Thanks for the input Mike. You'll still have to let me know what to go with for a gasket size if you have any ideas off that cam and head combo.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thanks for the input Mike. You'll still have to let me know what to go with for a gasket size if you have any ideas off that cam and head combo.
I'd go with what ever gasket renders .030 to .035 quench as that will go a long ways towards eliminating detonation and boost compression a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.