Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cheap hitch for my 95 9c1. The junk yard has them for $28, just don't have any on the B-bodys currently stocked for pickings. I need one very soon. Anyone help me out? I'm located in Fort Lauderdale, FL

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
hey man, my mom has one off her 96 with the receiver and ball. i think she wants 150 for it. she paid over 310 brand new.
She is located in crystal river florida

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man, my mom has one off her 96 with the receiver and ball. i think she wants 150 for it. she paid over 310 brand new.
She is located in crystal river florida
Nice, What class is it and what size ball? Also, does it have all the hardware?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
im not sure what class it is, ill be able to let you know friday. It was the biggest one we could get for the car as the other classes looked like they couldnt tow a bicycle.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
A Class II hitch is good for roughly 4000 lbs. The receiver is about 1" square. That will handle a good sized boat or camper.

A Class III is good for up to 6 or 8000 lbs. The receiver is 2" square. That is a huge boat, travel trailer or car.

Most trailers are using 2" ball now.

Just saying, I had a Class II on mine and pulled boats and motorcycles all over. Don't be afraid of a class II.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
now that you mention it, the reciever is one inch. makes sense now. ill get you answers friday bruh

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
i have one that came off a town car.dont know if it will fit.think its a 2 inch.its laying in my back yard.$20 come and get it.i think your local?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i still got that one, willing to work on price a little if u want it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts