Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a hood liner (insulation pad) for a '95 DGGM hood I picked up. I already had a DGGM grill. My current '96 is a DGGM so I'm always hoarding parts for it when a deal's to good to pass up. LOL I got the hood for $60 (local pick up so NO shipping). Light housing, rubber boot, hood spring, original DGGM paint and the hood itself was in near mint condition. A solid 8 of 10 for an orginal DGGM hood. Anyways the hood liner was shot and it was the first to go! I cleaned/waxed the hood pretty good, put the grill and light lens on. I even have the 15 large round retainers that keep the liner in place. Just need the actual hood liner to complete my project. I'd like one in good condition since the hood looks like new now. Only a OEM or stock replacement. Shipped to Texas 77479

Thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Iggy. Great suggestion and thanks for the link. For around a $100 bucks shipped with deer logo ain't too bad. Another member PM'ed me. I'm waiting on price and pix but if it's not in good shape I might try the custom route you suggested. It's basically gonna be a decoration anyways. LOL

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Try this guy, Better than OEM.

http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/
Nice link and timely for my Underhood Cleanup Project.

Is your liner in decent shape and just dirty? I did also see a link in the Tech Archives (I think) that had a method to paint the liner with enamel paint. Problem with that was it took about 6 cans of paint since it soaks up the paint. For the cost of paint and your time, the new Hoodliner linked above may be a better option.

If you get one of these new liners....let us know what you think.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice link and timely for my Underhood Cleanup Project.

Is your liner in decent shape and just dirty? I did also see a link in the Tech Archives (I think) that had a method to paint the liner with enamel paint. Problem with that was it took about 6 cans of paint since it soaks up the paint. For the cost of paint and your time, the new Hoodliner linked above may be a better option.

If you get one of these new liners....let us know what you think.
The hood on my current DGGM is in great shape. I bought another DGGM hood for only $60. It's original paint was in great shape and to cheap to pass up. The hood liner on it was SHOT. All torn up and broken so I pulled the 15 plastic retainers and liner off. I already had a spare DGGM grill so I put it on. The light housing, rubber boot and hood spring were intact as well. I just need the liner.

I saw the tech article you mentioned. Good stuff. Anyways I'm gonna see what the price and pix look like from this other member. If its not in good shape I think I'll definitely go with the custom one. Then wax the hood and hang it up in my garage. Hopefully I never need it but since our parts are getting more rare with each year that passes I've been hoarding parts. Especially DGGM parts. LOL I am kinda leaning towards the custom one that Iggy linked since the hood will essentially be a decoration anyways. LOL If I get it I'll definitely post pix from beginning to end. When I first got the hood it had 5 years of dust on it and the liner was shredded. But it was a solid 8 of 10 paint/condition wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts