Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently got into an accident that destroyed the front left of my 96 SS. Looking for a drivers side fender, inner well, core support, hood, grille and maybe a bumper support and any other misc stuff I may need to save her.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have the core support, fender, inner well, and bumper support.

Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Check with 4DoorSS. He's in your area and I think he's still parting one out.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check with 4DoorSS. He's in your area and I think he's still parting one out.

Thanks. I sent him a PM. Hopefully he sees it. I am willing to travel to get what I need. Calling around to local junk yards isn't coming out like I expected. At this rate, I might be parting out.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Fred Kiehl or vautsmeier

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/8-parts-sale-wanted/1301329-collection-parts.html

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/8-parts-sale-wanted/258591-94-96-impala-ss-part-out-3-complete-impalas.html[/QUOTE

Z While I agree that both of these guys have lots of parts and are great to do business with, I've bought from both, 4Door lives in SE Pa. I haven't dealt with him but I feel he's trustworthy. I was looking for an easy way for OP to get his babe back. I think 4DoorSS is parting out a 9C1 and that would be a good local, sort of, source. OP, if 4Door can't help, you'll most likely have to ship in the parts. Fla Ill., or Co. Pick your flavor.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fred Kiehl or vautsmeier

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/8-parts-sale-wanted/1301329-collection-parts.html

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/8-parts-sale-wanted/258591-94-96-impala-ss-part-out-3-complete-impalas.html[/QUOTE

Z While I agree that both of these guys have lots of parts and are great to do business with, I've bought from both, 4Door lives in SE Pa. I haven't dealt with him but I feel he's trustworthy. I was looking for an easy way for OP to get his babe back. I think 4DoorSS is parting out a 9C1 and that would be a good local, sort of, source. OP, if 4Door can't help, you'll most likely have to ship in the parts. Fla Ill., or Co. Pick your flavor.

I appreciate any help. I would consider Chester County to be local(only about 40 mins away) but if that isn't an option, I will probably need to ship some parts.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
I appreciate any help. I would consider Chester County to be local(only about 40 mins away) but if that isn't an option, I will probably need to ship some parts.
Well now. That's certainly local. I did some research and here is the link to Bob's post on his 9C1. Also check the links to vautsmier. Best of luck getting "On the road again." :smile2:

·
Registered
914 Posts
I was looking for an easy way for OP to get his babe back.
gbhs72
I hope we all are. Painting car sheet metal is not my thing, and it can be hard to find a good place to prep and properly repaint. I personalty will pay more to get a factory painted part in the correct color. It still may not match, but it can be worth the search.

Also try:
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gbhs72
I hope we all are. Painting car sheet metal is not my thing, and it can be hard to find a good place to prep and properly repaint. I personalty will pay more to get a factory painted part in the correct color. It still may not match, but it can be worth the search.

Also try:
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
The car is getting painted. Already have a quote to put everything together. I just need the parts. This is where I'm getting held up. Car-part.com was the first place I checked and found almost nothing.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
The hood will be the toughest part, because it is difficult to ship. The 91 and up fender will work, and the core support only needs a couple of holes to work (you need the ruber radiator bottom supports). The wheelhouse should be from a 94-96, but the 91-93 can be made to work. Roadmaster sedan wheelhouse will not work, but the core support will. Any Caprice sedan or non Buick wagon bumper support and shocks will work. You can use any headlight and orange insert marker from a Caprice or wagon (a little black paint will replicate the black on top).

If you can get someone to ship by Greyhound, it is reasonable dropped off and picked up at the station. Fender and wheelhouse can be sent as one piece. Protect the fender with some foam or a couple of layers of cardboard. It can be wrapped in shrink wrap, and shipped as such. Greyhound from Colorado is not much different from FL. Local parts are a lot less expensive because of shipping. Each part will be about $40-100 shipping.

I can get a core support from an RMS this weekend, and I have an aftermarket grille along with headlight w/bracket, and a left two bulb marker. If the radiator is damaged, I have a like new radiator.

Someone sells aftermarket hoods (no hole) on ebay. Now might even be the time to get a custom hood. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Parts-1994-1996-Chevy-Caprice-Impala-Hood-GM1230214/333210831169?hash=item4d94e9c941:g:CdQAAOSwvkdc6U-x https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiberglass-IMPALA-CAPRICE-2-INCH-COWL-Bolt-on-Hood-91-96/352667098993?hash=item521c98df71:g:pRwAAOSweW5VG07C

Everything should bolt on, unless the frame horns are bent, and you can straighten them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hood will be the toughest part, because it is difficult to ship. The 91 and up fender will work, and the core support only needs a couple of holes to work (you need the ruber radiator bottom supports). The wheelhouse should be from a 94-96, but the 91-93 can be made to work. Roadmaster sedan wheelhouse will not work, but the core support will. Any Caprice sedan or non Buick wagon bumper support and shocks will work. You can use any headlight and orange insert marker from a Caprice or wagon (a little black paint will replicate the black on top).

If you can get someone to ship by Greyhound, it is reasonable dropped off and picked up at the station. Fender and wheelhouse can be sent as one piece. Protect the fender with some foam or a couple of layers of cardboard. It can be wrapped in shrink wrap, and shipped as such. Greyhound from Colorado is not much different from FL. Local parts are a lot less expensive because of shipping. Each part will be about $40-100 shipping.

I can get a core support from an RMS this weekend, and I have an aftermarket grille along with headlight w/bracket, and a left two bulb marker. If the radiator is damaged, I have a like new radiator.

Someone sells aftermarket hoods (no hole) on ebay. Now might even be the time to get a custom hood. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Parts-1994-1996-Chevy-Caprice-Impala-Hood-GM1230214/333210831169?hash=item4d94e9c941:g:CdQAAOSwvkdc6U-x

Everything should bolt on, unless the frame horns are bent, and you can straighten them.
Thank you. So much great information. One of my main issues is time. I am back to work on 6/3. It is going to take a week to get everything straightened out(local guy has frame machine and says he'd have no trouble putting everything back together) and painted. I was really hoping to get the parts this weekend to start the process, but I'm realizing that probably won't happen.

Honestly, the grille and the headlight are the least of my concerns. I can get those anywhere. You can't see it in the pics, but the headlights on it were fresh HID conversions with aftermarket housings. I'll have to get that again, but I'm mostly interested in any light to be legal to drive at night again for the moment.

Wanted to stay away from aftermarket hoods because they don't seem to be made as well as OEM. Ditto for the fender, which only looks like the outer skin is available anyway. I need the entire structure. How do I go about making the RMS support work? I don't think the radiator is damaged. No overheating and no leaks from what I can tell, but I may be interested anyway. Can you think of anything else I might need?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and the secondary latch(don't know if this attaches to the hood?) seems to be broken as the guy at the shop had to unlatch from underneath. I was actually surprised the hood popped from the inside release.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
The RMS support is the same as the Caprice support. The headlight mounting brackets are different. The RMS support is exactly like the Caprice support. The 91-93 support only needs to have the holes drilled for the airbag sensor. Other than that they are the same as the 94-96

The safety catch attaches to the hood, and hooks on the side of the main hood latch bracket on the support. The lever and link are attached to the frame for the grille.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SSick
The Impala is a sub model of the Caprice and I found 8 pages of priced left fenders on Car-Part. Follow Fred's information and the other parts should also be easy to find.

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12105664
I understand. If you look, a lot of those posts seem to just be copies of the same post. Then everyone I called or tried to call were closed for the weekend so I couldn't even verify if that part was still available. Then there was the price($275+ dollars?) and distance with no intention of shipping. I checked.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The RMS support is the same as the Caprice support. The headlight mounting brackets are different. The RMS support is exactly like the Caprice support. The 91-93 support only needs to have the holes drilled for the airbag sensor. Other than that they are the same as the 94-96

The safety catch attaches to the hood, and hooks on the side of the main hood latch bracket on the support. The lever and link are attached to the frame for the grille.
Ah, ok. HuSSker may have a support for me. As for the secondary latch and lever, would you have that? I would also need the headlight bracket as well. As for the hood, I thought it pretty much determined to stay away from fiberglass, no?

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
You need the grille frame, unless yours is still good. I would get the support with the vertical piece in front of it, and the hood latch mount. Your plastic fender extension may be broken too.

Check to see if the support has shifted to the right, and misaligned the driver's side fender.

You probably have a list of all the parts you may need if you boil down the lists. Check all of the obscure parts for condition, and try to order them in as few shipments as you can.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts