Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys like it says, I'm looking for an SS grill either black or painted DCM. I want it to be in good enough condition that it would not take any work once I get it. And on that note I want to delete my hood emblem and replace it with something like streettrends has or the LTZ one, I am also open to ideas of what you might have. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

- Sym

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I believe the GM logos that they're using on the new vehicles cover the hole. Maybe something to look into.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Hey guys like it says, I'm looking for an SS grill either black or painted DCM. I want it to be in good enough condition that it would take any work once I get it.

- Sym
I can hook you up with a Brand New Factory Unpainted Grill for $70 plus S/H if you wanted a new one.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thanks Mike I understand what your saying there. Do you think I should just buy this?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Grille-Assembly-Grill-Matte-black-Chevy-Chevrolet-Impala-96-95-94-Parts-Car-/230711272680?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AImpala|Submodel%3ASS&hash=item35b776a4e8

and then get one of the bow ties to go on the front? seems pretty cost effective id say. And then just get one of those GM badges for the emblem hole?

I bought that one for my Caprice and painted it. It fit ok, but not great. For the emblem I put a blue bowtie off a cavalier on it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks man, Ill just probably get one from the stealership near me. Anyone else have any comments before I purchase that grillie off of ebay? One person said fitment isn't the best but as long as it works OK I'm happy.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ok thanks man, Ill just probably get one from the stealership near me. Anyone else have any comments before I purchase that grillie off of ebay? One person said fitment isn't the best but as long as it works OK I'm happy.
They dont look as sturdy as an oem ss grille to me. When I was looking for my bbody i came across a caprice with a cracked grille so my plans for it was getting this one for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-96-Chevy-Impala-SS-Billet-Grille-Classic-Grill-/400108040221?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Impala|Submodel:SS&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d284c301d

and either leaving the trunk emblem or using jb weld for just the bowtie not the stem

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Thanks Mike I understand what your saying there. Do you think I should just buy this?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Grille-Assembly-Grill-Matte-black-Chevy-Chevrolet-Impala-96-95-94-Parts-Car-/230711272680?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AImpala|Submodel%3ASS&hash=item35b776a4e8

and then get one of the bow ties to go on the front? seems pretty cost effective id say. And then just get one of those GM badges for the emblem hole?
Well if you want a POS then that would be the one to buy. The aftermarket ones do not fit worth a hill of beans and the center spot where the bowtie goes is just a flat section and it is not formed for the original bowtie. That is why they are so cheap. Just giving you my opinion here but I personally would never buy an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Ive got a spare LTZ hood badge if youre interested.

It isnt mint though,
but Im not asking too much.

Well if you want a POS then that would be the one to buy. The aftermarket ones do not fit worth a hill of beans and the center spot where the bowtie goes is just a flat section and it is not formed for the original bowtie. That is why they are so cheap. Just giving you my opinion here but I personally would never buy an aftermarket one.
+1

I got all giggle when I saw a new looking aftermarket grill on a car at the junk yard. Was quite excited to get it for $4.
Upon further inspection, I decided it wasn't even worth the $4.
This wasnt a beat to hell grill, this mother looked new.

They are pretty bad.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The stock SS grill they sell on streettrends looks like its flat where the bowtie goes too. anyone buy it off streettrends before? is that the case?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
The stock SS grill they sell on streettrends looks like its flat where the bowtie goes too. anyone buy it off streettrends before? is that the case?
All aftermarket grills that I have seen are flat in that area and not made correctly for the factory emblem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BigB9000 how much for the LTZ badge? And also my friend ordered the aftermarket grille off of eBay with a red bowtie and it looks pretty good. It's at his cottage so I don't have any photos ATM but I'll tr to get some ASAP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts