Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - In search of a Pulley Cover for the Stock Crank/Balancer on a LT1 Motor. Would prefer Black but let me know what you may have. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found

Just got one of these up from Summit....

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mch-340?seid=srese3&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-dynamic-remarketing-_-srese3-_-march-performance&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlsmZof_f4AIVRfPICh2oNgjzEAEYASABEgI8HPD_BwE

It's been bothering me since getting all the MBA billet covers in BLACK for all the other pulleys but couldn't get the Balancer Cover since they were all gone. That Fugly and Rusty looking ole balancer can take away from a decent looking engine bay.

To get this in Black the part number is 340-08 and its powder coated Black. I just got it today and it's a really nice piece of work and fits well. Way better than any cover I could have made up. I'll get some pics and compare the difference once it's installed. 0:).

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the engine "dressed up" a little. Nuthin Fancy but just try to keep it cleaned up. Back when Bob was selling the MBA covers I got them all but he didn't have the Crank Pulley cover.

If you look in a LT1 engine bay it's hard to miss the BIG 'ole Balancer up front and I've tried painting it and it just never holds up. It can take away from an otherwise clean engine bay and I'm just tired of looking at it. So I finally found this cover and real happy with how it will look when installed and just completes the Black Pulley Cover look I wanted.

The rusted up Balancer still stands out even with the cover installed so will be replaced. It's an original anyway and not sure I trust the old Rubber in the balancer anymore.

So here's some pics to show the before and after and I think the "After" looks much better. No performance increase just for good looks. >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Overall kinda nice looking inside there. Can you just brush on some CLR or rust reformer on the rusty bits?

ASM shorties? If so, quite good shape for their age.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overall kinda nice looking inside there. Can you just brush on some CLR or rust reformer on the rusty bits?

ASM shorties? If so, quite good shape for their age.
I did have it painted black ar 1 point but it never lasts. The biggest issue I have with rust forming is the fact my garage is in my basement and mostly underground. It stays cool in there if I keep the doors shut but summer is the worst....warm/humid air gets in the cool basement/garage and all kinds of stuff gets condensation on it.

The headers are Hooker Super Comps that were jet hot coated. Not perfect but they have held up well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts