Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I believe they are the same. You can get a crank kit for like $200. Comes with polished & ground crank & properly sized bearings.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
What stores are you lookint at? I stay away from auto zone & some the others. You might have better luck @ smaller stores that service small independant reapir shops.You could also look at a C-K chevy truck with 350 as well. Cranks should be the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They are not the same, You do need a LT1 crank shaft. The Cranks are balanced differently. I read somewhere that a 305 crank is closer in balance to the LT1. I do have one in a block sitting under my bench , I can check it if you are interested.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You need a good one?
Or just a core?

ROCKAUTO.COM

use discount code.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WTB LT1 connecting rods

looking for used 5.7 LT1 rods in good shape with the piston is ok I will press off. NO SPUN BEARINGS!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
If you're still looking, I have a good set (with pistons still attached) from a 140K LT1 motor. Engine was still in good shape when I disassembled it (no spun bearings). I'd take 55 shipped for all 8 rods/pistons. :)

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
looking for used 5.7 LT1 rods in good shape with the piston is ok I will press off. NO SPUN BEARINGS!
I have a set, but with any used rod, they will likely need to be resized. They walk around a bit with even regular usage. Also, if you are upgrading the rod bolts, you'll need to resize the rods anyway to do it right..

Look on fleabay, there is a shop with very good feedback that sells recon'd rods for $75... not a bad price. I considered them before I got a great price on some forged I-beams with ARP bolts already installed.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
good crankshaft that needs polished or turned .010
I have one of those too, and the balance is different, LT1 rods and pistons are lighter than a regular 350, so the counterweights are a bit lighter as well.

Keep on the path of getting the stock parts if you are going to build a cheap motor. Hanging pistons and balancing an assembly can quickly eat up $$. I think I had $250 in machine work to hang pistons and balance the rotating assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FHP-
I have a used LT-1 Crank and pistons with rods that I'm looking to move. I bought a used long block for a core, with 88K miles on it. How's $125. plus shipping?
Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts