Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I have one but it's not hurting anything where it's sitting. I am aware of the ape-S#IT high prices they're getting, so I'll need a near-insane offer to part with it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have one but it's not hurting anything where it's sitting. I am aware of the ape-S#IT high prices they're getting, so I'll need a near-insane offer to part with it. :))))

·
Registered
982 Posts
I need to reverse engineer these things. Or finish my time machine.

·
Registered
982 Posts
To quote Bryan Herter's email to me when I bought one off him...

The knock module is like a noise filter (the knock sensors being microphones) and the filter blocks certain frequencies that roller rockers and other parts make that are acceptable noises.

You can tune how much knock retard and how fast it goes in and out, but not filter it. On the LS1 PCM's and newer you can change trip levels in them to help filter, but not the LT1.

So maybe if you are running a LSX PCM it doesn't matter but for LT1 PCMs it will always pick up some knock with roller rockers. I'll take his word for it.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Cool, I wasn't sure, thought I read about it being taken care of through tuning but now I know, thanks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Anyway, vince4, download this 9495 program. Log it and tell us how bad your timing retard/knock is. If you don't have roller rockers, it may be zero.

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Would slightly thicker oil quiet roller rockers down any?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts