Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one getting rid of a 95-96 vented opti? im looking to purchase a new one if possible but if someone has a low mile opti id be willing to take the chance i just changed the cap and rotor, plugs and wires and made sure none of the wires was being grounded out, my opti vent harness, coil and the elecrical harness are fresh. all that for nothing pretty much cuz shes still sputterin please PM me if you have any info for me thank you ahead of time

John

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
yep is sell brand new optis, but sometimes it take a little while to get them to your door..

if your fine with nat let me know

·
Registered
586 Posts
+1 for Wolfe. We got one in the 95 9C1, and it's working wonderfully. Our problem was elswhere, but the opti I got from Wolfe looked great (he personally checks each one before sending it out) and was reasonably priced. I'll be getting spares from him.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i bought one one craigslist for 90 bucks just because i need my car now but i have a feeling i will be contacting one of you guys real soon we will see how this one does

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be careful...

Be careful with that, you are traveling a dangerous road there. I recently ordered an opti from Wolf after checking everything else, including: ICM, coil, fuel pressure, TPS, MAF, electrical connections, vacuum leaks, coolant temp sensor, plugs, plug wires..

Basically check everything else before condemning the opti, as usually it is something else. The opti gets a bad rap for being unreliable and prone to failure, however, it is actually a great design; especially the '95 and up opties for our b-bodies that had an improved design and the vent lines.

Just watch out for air, fuel and spark, you need those 3 things to run. If you get that garage special opti, and it don't work, you are then stuck with 2 potentially bad parts and you will effectively double or more your troubleshooting times finding out the real problem.
And that would not be cool:D

Later,
Tony

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts