Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have two audiopipe eye candy 15's and need an amp for them. considering all deals. here's the stats on the speakers:

Features:
Size: 15" High Power Car Subwoofer
Power: 2000 Watts (RMS) Power: 1000 Watts
Frequency Response:
18 - 900Hz Sensitivity:
98.6dB Material: Air Cushion Foam Surround One Piece Aluminum Cone
With Candy Red Die-Cast Metal Basket

Voice Coil: 3" 4-layer One Piece Aluminum Dual Voice Coil (2ohm or 8ohm operation) Magnet Size: 150 oz. Mounting Depth: 9"

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the offers above will NOT be entertained. lol, jus messing around but those are a lil outta my price range. i do have a friend who CLAIMS to have a JL Audio 1000/1 amp for $275 with original receipt. them amps were like $1100 when they first came out.

· Registered
430 Posts
the offers above will NOT be entertained. lol, jus messing around but those are a lil outta my price range. i do have a friend who CLAIMS to have a JL Audio 1000/1 amp for $275 with original receipt. them amps were like $1100 when they first came out.
i have a 1000/1...and that amp will do EVERYTHING u need it too...and then some!...I'll give him $275 for it if you dont get it Udownwitk:D

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 1000/1...and that amp will do EVERYTHING u need it too...and then some!...I'll give him $275 for it if you dont get it Udownwitk:D
let me do some investigating and i'll see whats up. and let you know.

· Premium Member
1,008 Posts
i take it they are dual 4 ohm voice coil??

go to caraudio.com/forum classifieds lots of great deals on audio

i have a mmats i could sell you but need to know what ohms you are trying to run at

· Registered
430 Posts

i have a mmats i could sell you but need to know what ohms you are trying to run at
TRU!...but thats what i like abt the JL amps...they're stable all the way down to 1.5ohms...subs like that would prob.sound better if u jus ran 1 UNLESS u putn them in a HatchBack or a SUV..they need ROOOOOM!cwm3

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Voice Coil: 3" 4-layer One Piece Aluminum Dual Voice Coil (2ohm or 8ohm operation) Magnet

i had these same speakers in my previous car. i was running 2 of them with the power acoustik a3000db amp and it sounded beautiful. hit so hard some one tried to steal it twice, lol.

· Registered
214 Posts
You could wire two of those subs in parallel down to 1 ohm or 4 ohm in series/parallel. Most monoblock class D-amps perform best at 1 ohm. Make sure you know what you're getting and how to wire the subs correctly.

I have an Orion XTR Pro 1000d that I'm willing to sell for $225 plus shipping. Excellent amp. I don't need all that bass anymore. 1000x1 RMS @ 1 ohm. Same as the JL amp.

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump to the top. anymore amps out there for sale?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.