Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says! Hopefully not too much either :)

I just want to resolve as many issues with my car as possible. I would rather rebuild one without having my car down at the time

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
671 Posts
I should have one in the next day or so - worked fine but had mechanic replace mine because I had a small oil leak in the front (and I HATE leaks) and he said the only way to guarantee getting rid of it was by replacing the distributor & crank seal. So I had him put new ones in - Never knew a distributor was SO expensive! PM me an offer

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What price range are you thinking? I don't want to low ball you.

How many miles are on it

·
Registered
671 Posts
What price range are you thinking? I don't want to low ball you.

How many miles are on it
I hadn't thought about selling it so hadn't put it in the list of parts I'm selling on the other thread. I just know the repair shop charged me over $400 for the new one, outch!

The car has 150k on it, I just bought it 3 months ago and it had front end damage, but the previous owner had spent a small fortune on fixing up the engine just before it was hit - when I say 'just before' that was literal - he had just driven it from the dealer and parked it and it was hit that evening - talk about bad fortune. I know much of the ignition stuff was replaced because boxes with the old components were in the trunk when I bought it & the receipts from the dealer were in the glovebox. I guess I could go through the receipts and check to see if the distributor is specifically mentioned. But honestly I don't know right now, I'd have to check. I just do know that the car sat for about 9months & that's when I asked about buying it - I took a gamble because I couldn't even start it when I bought it (parked sitting in a parking lot when someone hit it and pinned it against the building. While it sat, someone started stealing parts off it! Radio, MAP sensor, center cap, fuel pump, etc. ) - the guy was telling me about all the work that was done on the engine, etc, but you know how that goes, yeah right, blah, blah, blah. But after I bought the car I found the receipts that documented everything he said! When we got the body straightened out and tried to start it for the first time, turned right over and ran smooth. I wouldn't have bothered with the distributor, except I HATE leaks. Although I'm starting to wonder if I could have replaced o-rings on the distributor to stop the leak if that's where it was coming from - at least that's what a friend told me after I mentioned it to him. Who knows, I just know that it BETTER NOT have a DROP of oil in my garage when I get it back! They're replacing seals on the oil filter adapter too.

I figured that if the o-ring thing that my buddy is true, I'd keep it as a spare, or since I know that the actual module is good, that could be a good spare if the o-ring thing isn't true.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is 50 shipped a bad offer?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Dunno. Tell you what. Let me get it back and see what's up with it. I should have the car back the beginning of the week.

What is it that you need, the module part, the metal part, or both?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You want to wiggle the drive assembly in the opti to make sure there is not excessive play in it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dunno. Tell you what. Let me get it back and see what's up with it. I should have the car back the beginning of the week.

What is it that you need, the module part, the metal part, or both?

I would think I would want it complete in order to have all the hardware to reassemble it

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I have a complete and assembled opti with about 10k on it that I will let go for $65 shipped. email me at [email protected] if interested.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
used Opti

Got one sitting on my bench for about a year now. Worked fine, was the stock unit from my 95 and has 120K on it. Just replaced when I did some motor work. $30 shipped.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
^^^^Looks like you got a sweet deal right there.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
not too bad just have to remove the intake ducting, water pump and the balancer and she'll come off, i did mine in a little under 2 hrs, but i've done it on my Camaro 3 times! The caprices have slightly more room to work!

·
Registered
671 Posts
not too bad just have to remove the intake ducting, water pump and the balancer and she'll come off, i did mine in a little under 2 hrs, but i've done it on my Camaro 3 times! The caprices have slightly more room to work!

Cool, thanks! Sounds like I could tackle that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts