Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, it seems that my wagon makes more power (and hooks up better) than the stock driveshaft was happy with over time, and the slip yoke's twisted a bit. Before I spend a bunch of money on a new driveshaft for a car I'm going to sell as soon as I make sure it all works again, I thought I'd see if anyone around the Bloomington/Peoria/Champaign IL area might have a driveshaft (or really, just a good slip yoke) that they'd be willing to part with for a low price. The wagon and sedan use the same driveshaft, so either one's fine - I just need it quickly and without paying shipping costs. :)

If you have a performance driveshaft (steel or aluminum), I might even be persuaded to trade for a set of 4 Blizzak WS60s that have been driven into town and back a grand total of once...

My ICQ "member number" on the forum is actually my phone number. Call or text if you prefer that route.

BTW: in case you're curious, the stealership wants like $250 for just the stock yoke. The parts counter guy and I had a good laugh over that.

·
Registered
946 Posts
"Arrowsmith" :D

My 92 RMS parts car is located in the Peoria area. Is the driveshaft the same on a TBI car as an LT1 car? You could probably just have it for free if you pulled it yourself. Let me know.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrowsmith is a bustling metropolis. We have a grain elevator, and at least six streets. :)

I'm planning to be in East Peoria this weekend, so that may work out if I don't find something sooner. I'm pretty sure that the slip yoke would be the same even if the driveshaft overall isn't, and the price is right (though, I'd insist on paying someone something). How close to Peoria are we talking?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
what kinda sixties were you pulling to do this?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm completely honest, the cause was probably less drag racing, and more literal stump pulling. :) I've never been to a drag strip with it (aside from the ones wth stop lights and occasional traffic on them), and my old G-Tech meter doesn't do 60' times. I probably need to take it up to Joliet before I sell the thing, now that you mention it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts