Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of stock spark plug wire retainers, mine are all broken. Either a unbroke used set or a source or part number for new ones. Thanks

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94 caprice lt1

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
They come in 1 wire, 2 wire and 4 wire pieces. They run about $5 each but I would need to know how many you need of each as the computer really does not say how many are required. Thanks.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow 5 bucks each. Looking at 40-50 bucks for these damn things??

·
Registered
576 Posts
Dealer sticker shock :eek:

Not a bad price IMO but if you just want to organize the wires you can pick up a couple packs of universal plug wire retainers at you local chain auto parts stores such as Advance Auto Parts which carries them in their "HELP!" section for under $5 a pack of various configurations [2 packs req'd]. Close enough to stock appearance and will do the job.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Dealer sticker shock :eek:

Not a bad price IMO but if you just want to organize the wires you can pick up a couple packs of universal plug wire retainers at you local chain auto parts stores such as Advance Auto Parts which carries them in their "HELP!" section for under $5 a pack of various configurations [2 packs req'd]. Close enough to stock appearance and will do the job.
I couldn't find any that would fit on to the stock holders. Seems awefully overcomplicated and priced for such a simple part. I will probably use wire ties and say the hell with it

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
wow 5 bucks each. Looking at 40-50 bucks for these damn things??
And at $5 each that is 25% off list price. Welcome to the world of Dealer Sticker Shock. Some things from the dealership are just crazy on the prices and other things are not so bad and it makes no sense how they price some of this stuff.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts