Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody happen to have an SS grille already painted in white they want to part with?

PM me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody happen to have an SS grille already painted in white they want to part with?

PM me.
How much would it cost to buy the black one and paint it white?
I think you can buy that one with the logo included for like 90 bucks...not sure how much more to paint it white tho

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do it myself, easily. Time is always a factor. Figured I'd just reach out and see if anyone already had one ready to go. If not, then I'll get get the grille, emblem, and do it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
You can buy a Brand New factory grill that was never painted for like about $70 or less on Ebay. Beats the fit and quality of the aftermarket by a mile!

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can buy a Brand New factory grill that was never painted for like about $70 or less on Ebay. Beats the fit and quality of the aftermarket by a mile!

Mike--94MSP9C1
Im looking on Ebay now, do you have a link to a factory grille WITH the logo for under 90 bucks?
I think I found the grille, but cant find the logo with it

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
This is an aftermarket grill that you have the link to. The factory grill does not come WITH the bowtie any longer and hasn't for many years. It needs to be purchased separately. Here is a Genuine GM Factory Unpainted Grill:

Impala SS Factory Unpainted Grill 10269613 1994 1996 Genuine GM Paint to Match | eBay

And if you check their other auctions you will find the bowtie offered as well or you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is an aftermarket grill that you have the link to. The factory grill does not come WITH the bowtie any longer and hasn't for many years. It needs to be purchased separately. Here is a Genuine GM Factory Unpainted Grill:

Impala SS Factory Unpainted Grill 10269613 1994 1996 Genuine GM Paint to Match | eBay

And if you check their other auctions you will find the bowtie offered as well or you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

Mike--94MSP9C1
I see, so is the quality?durability of the aftermarket grille i found far inferior than the GM one you list?
How inferior?...on like a scale of 1-10?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I see, so is the quality?durability of the aftermarket grille i found far inferior than the GM one you list?
How inferior?...on like a scale of 1-10?

Thanks
To put a number on how much cheaper an aftermarket part is than a factory is pure speculation and subjective. One thing I do know is the factory grill is designed for the bowtie to inset in the grill and the aftermarket grill usually only has a square section that you need to stick the bowtie on and hope you get it straight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts