Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find them on the site anymore, anyone know where I can find these?

They insert in the spot on the door handle pull where the two screws go, to hold that piece down and keep the screws from pulling through.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I think I know what your talking about and you can find them on ImpalaPerformance.com Home of the RAISS.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Do you mean the inserts that go in the armrests? You could probably make those. If people used the actual door pulls they wouldn't need those little inserts that really don't do anything anyways.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well Heres my idea, If Chevy would have made different armrest for the cars without pulls without a cutout, they wouldn't break.

·
9,190 Posts
Well Heres my idea, If Chevy would have made different armrest for the cars without pulls without a cutout, they wouldn't break.
who cares about the armrest...f!ck the opti

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Sweet Abs plastic thats horribly cut and looks like ish for $36!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Dont waste your money like i did they dont help any.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Mine did not work that well and cut into the arm rest on the sides, those things dont fit perfectly in there.

Somebody needs to make something to fill up that hole entirely so people wont put a hand in there.

(Thinking)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Mine did not work that well and cut into the arm rest on the sides, those things dont fit perfectly in there.

Somebody needs to make something to fill up that hole entirely so people wont put a hand in there.

(Thinking)

I’m thinking you just fill that area up with thumbtacks, that’ll keep people from putting their grubby fingers in there. Or Toadhaul just needs to make us a piece that works out of billet.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I made some out of a corner brace that you can buy at Lowe's for less than $2. The holes match up so all you have to do is cut it into two pieces, round the corners, sand them down and rattlecan them black. I'll take a picture this weekend when my oldest son is home from college of them in his car. His friends/brother broke two different armrests before and so far none since. Definately not worth $40 bucks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
They actually make these and sell them, lol. I made my own years ago using clear plastic that fits the entire area with no shtty gaps. It works and since its clear you hardly notice it. Im toying with the idea of doing some sort of etching in the clear plastic.

Not worth 35.95 IMHO, but here's where you find them.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I made some out of a corner brace that you can buy at Lowe's for less than $2. The holes match up so all you have to do is cut it into two pieces, round the corners, sand them down and rattlecan them black. I'll take a picture this weekend when my oldest son is home from college of them in his car. His friends/brother broke two different armrests before and so far none since. Definately not worth $40 bucks.
Thanks guys

40 bucks tho?!

Dld9c1 try to post up a pic of what you did, I may be able to do it myself if it'll look decent

·
Registered
613 Posts
Here is a picture of the ones that I made:

I bought one of these that had the correct bolt pattern at Lowe's, cut it into two pieces, rounded the corners, sanded it down and painted it black. Total investment approx $2 and 2 hours(Paint had to dry and it was humid out).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts