Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my after market transmission inspection shield. It's the one that's polycarbonate (or like) and has the drop-down cowl with 4 holes in it to keep the 4L60E trans cooler. It replaced the stock sheet metal shield.

Does anyone still sell these? A forum search proved fruitless.

Please shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I broke my after market transmission inspection shield. It's the one that's polycarbonate (or like) and has the drop-down cowl with 4 holes in it to keep the 4L60E trans cooler. It replaced the stock sheet metal shield.

Does anyone still sell these? A forum search proved fruitless.

Please shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike CIA still sells them or did, but as with you I broke mine. $70 down the drain. I built a look a like for a hell of a lot less :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you make this? It look's really nice.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I pretty much took the broken neil chance unit and layed it over the stock shield. I marked the location of the holes and where the cutout for the scoop was. Used a hole saw for the holes, and a good grinder to cut out the area for the scoop. Got some 18-22 gauge (can't remember) piece of sheet metal. With some craftiness I was able to make a scoop slightly larger than the one they used. Brother in LAw helped weld the thing together. Got a piece of mesh from work so thing couldn't find there way up inside, and was all done :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
i think keith neal down in Ga. originally sold the poly carb ones. don't know if he still has them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll try my hand at making one. Anyone know what teh part number is for the stock shield?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I hope you guys know that that cover doesn't do jack shiz as far as cooling goes.

-Nab

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I'd just leave it off, personally.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.