Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had the 96 SS painted and they removed all my decals before painting the car. Does anyone know if someone has these or are there any other options? I've searched all over the web and couldnt find anything. I cant believe this happened. Total incompetence

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google

vin labels

There are about 3 vendors that are apparently legal and legitimate
Thank you, do you know if the company ECS is legitimate?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just spoke with ECSvin, and they said that they can still recreate those labels for you, but you would have to go to your nearest Chevrolet dealership and get a print out of your vehicles information “ options, gross weight etc”.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just spoke with ECSvin, and they said that they can still recreate those labels for you, but would have to go to your nearest Chevrolet dealership and get a print out of your vehicles information “ options, gross weight etc”.
I'll have to take a day to go over there and see what i can find out. Thank you for the update. I really appreciate that.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,781 Posts
It doesn't make any sense for them to require a picture of your original sticker.

First of all, if you had the sticker, then you wouldn't need one.

Second, anybody who is legit and licensed by GM will be able to easily look up your option codes from your VIN.

Also... Who painted your car? I'm not sure, but that sounds illegal.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't make any sense for them to require a picture of your original sticker.

First of all, if you had the sticker, then you wouldn't need one.

Second, anybody who is legit and licensed by GM will be able to easily look up your option codes from your VIN.
Hmm, that sounds accurate. I just dont know all that much about this subject unless someone here has ventured this same path?

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Unfortunately there are too many fraudulent purposes for these stickers.
Just like getting reproductions of window sticker. You must provide the documentation...
Copy of factory invoice should suffice ,but these service(s) are not free.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Unfortunately there are too many fraudulent purposes for these stickers.
Just like getting reproductions of window sticker. You must provide the documentation...
Copy of factory invoice should suffice ,but these service(s) are not free.
Regarding window stickers... Are you saying people try to fake them by adding extra options, or?

If the car is registered, DMV records would show that you own the car.

Really, to get a new SPID sticker, the only thing you SHOULD have to show would be your own personal ID. In practice, I'm not sure what the individual companies require. Of course, buying online also changes things a bit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So check this out. I just went by my local dealership and asked them for the decals and they told me they're not available (shocker). I then told them about these licensed Gm companies making them and they told me to find an Impala like mine and take pictures of the decals to be reproduced.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Authentic window sticker require the dealers invoice for some information included on the sticker that does not appear anywhere else. The real issue is the authenticity of the vehicle in question. Not the identity of the owner. Legit body shops may be able to help obtain copies of original sticker not intended to be copied

Reactions: Caddylack

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Authentic window sticker require the dealers invoice for some information included on the sticker that does not appear anywhere else. The real issue is the authenticity of the vehicle in question. Not the identity of the owner. Legit body shops may be able to help obtain copies of original sticker not intended to be copied

Im not looking for the window sticker

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
So check this out. I just went by my local dealership and asked them for the decals and they told me they're not available (shocker). I then told them about these licensed Gm companies making them and they told me to find an Impala like mine and take pictures of the decals to be reproduced.
Asking for potential trouble since VIN's won't match. Incredibly bad advice...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Asking for potential trouble since VIN's won't match. Incredibly bad advice...
Thats what i thought. Who trains these people.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Im not looking for the window sticker
It's the same problem. You must be able to document authenticity of the particular vehicle.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's the same problem. You must be able to document authenticity of the particular vehicle.
Doesn't the vin decode that?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Oh well. I'm used to it.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
This is the guy Dealer Invoice Service one needs to source a copy of an original dealer invoice needed as proof of authenticity for many reproduced documents/stickers unique to the car.

Reactions: juanmadetwins
1 - 20 of 48 Posts