Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is the guy Dealer Invoice Service one needs to source a copy of an original dealer invoice needed as proof of authenticity for many reproduced documents/stickers unique to the car.
So if i pay these guys $50 bucks I will be able to get all my decals?

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Talk to decal people to see if a dealer's invoice is what they need.
This is what was required in my case.. I'd be tempted to discuss it with
whomever removed them in the first place. Legit body shops have channels
to obtain these type items also.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Talk to decal people to see if a dealer's invoice is what they need.
This is what was required in my case.. I'd be tempted to discuss it with
whomever removed them in the first place. Legit body shops have channels
to obtain these type items also.
Body shop was a dead end, but I'll give the decal people a shot and see if thats what thdy could use, but when I spoke with them on the phone today they said, "they need a good picture of the decals"

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Obviously that is a "non-starter"...
Check out forums ,or search on-line for other vendor(s) is about all you can do.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Obviously that is a "non-starter"...
Check out forums ,or search on-line for other vendor(s) is about all you can do.
Appreciate you trying to help

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Diggs,
Did you call ESC company who reproduces them?Explain your situation and what you need to get these stickers made?
Jim

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Diggs,
Did you call ESC company who reproduces them?Explain your situation and what you need to get these stickers made?
Jim
Yes, I called them today. They want pictures of my decals so that they can make me new one's. I do not have my decals. The paint and auto body shop sanded them all off when painting the car.

Reactions: Jimpala95

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Would checking under the passenger's front seat be of any help?
There should be vehicle specific documentation hiding under the bottom of the seat cushion.

·
Premium Member
5,993 Posts
I just looked at you signature,
Not like we are doing a nuts on stock restoration here.

There isnt a lot of differences option wise on a 96 impala.
Other than some of the obscure destination codes, and production date it should be pretty striaght forward to figure out.

Compnine should be able to get that info

Door labels will be even simpler, with just serial and date to change.

If the ESC people are reasonable, you should be able to send exact photos of someones elses labels with the instructions " exactly like this but this serial and date."

If that is a problem, you may have to spend some time in Photoshop.

The compnine should tie options to serial.
People on this sight have Arlington Impala info so production date should be obtainable.

The only gray area can be convincing the decal reproduction company that everything is on the up and up.

I think typically they would be used to making one , or some for one area of the car.

" I need every decal and label that identifies my car as serial number xxxxx" might raise questions, as it should.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Would checking under the passenger's front seat be of any help?
There should be vehicle specific documentation hiding under the bottom of the seat cushion.
I looked, but unfortunately didnt see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's strange. All I needed was a laser printer and self-adhesive vinyl label stock. It works for SPIDs,VECI labels, instructional labels underhood, Alpha labels for assemblies, and all sorts of restoration applications. AFAIK, the only things a private citizen cannot legally print are federal reserve notes, stock certificates, and election ballots, and that last one seems to be tenuously arguable.

Right down to the scannable bar code:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's strange. All I needed was a laser printer and self-adhesive vinyl label stock. It works for SPIDs,VECI labels, instructional labels underhood, Alpha labels for assemblies, and all sorts of restoration applications. AFAIK, the only things a private citizen cannot legally print are federal reserve notes, stock certificates, and election ballots, and that last one seems to be tenuously arguable.

Right down to the scannable bar code:
Can you help?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Yes, I called them today. They want pictures of my decals so that they can make me new one's. I do not have my decals. The paint and auto body shop sanded them all off when painting the car.
All 96 Impala SS LOWER driver door jamb stickers are the same.So any picture will work for that one. The UPPER sticker for 96 Impala SS,only difference btw the cars is the build month at top of sticker,and VIN # at bottom of sticker. If their main concern is the specs on the stickers,just supply them with your VIN # and build month. As far as the SPID label on deck lid,I don't think Chevy dealer can go back that far anymore. What's your VIN #? I have a compnine subscription acct. and can tell you your build month and all the RPO codes. FYI- the 96 SPID label and door jamb sticker format and demnsions vary slightly from the 94/95 versions. Jim

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
All 96 Impala SS LOWER driver door jamb stickers are the same.So any picture will work for that one. The UPPER sticker for 96 Impala SS,only difference btw the cars is the build month at top of sticker,and VIN # at bottom of sticker. If their main concern is the specs on the stickers,just supply them with your VIN # and build month. As far as the SPID label on deck lid,I don't think Chevy dealer can go back that far anymore. What's your VIN #? I have a compnine subscription acct. and can tell you your build month and all the RPO codes. FYI- the 96 SPID label and door jamb sticker format and demnsions vary slightly from the 94/95 versions. Jim
That would be great! Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Here's picture examples of the format/font/layout for 96 Impala SS SPID label and door jamb stickers that you want them to do for you.
Omg! Thank you so much!!! Do you happen to know my build month/date?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts