Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Here's your VIN RPO breakdown. Your 96 SS was going through final production on 9/19/95. So your build month needed for door jamb sticker is 9/95. Most of your SPID label codes on your SS will be similar to the sample SPID pic I posted above.
As far as cool original documentation,if you have stock interior try to carefully remove the trim sheet from under pass front bucket.Very fragile,like old newspaper. As for the GM Heritage original dealership order invoice,that is a nice piece to have as well.Worth the $50,imo. It does not list all the RPO's,but rather major option group packages and major stand alone options.Both have much historical info,etc..Here's a pic of an original. Here's the trim sheet out from under pass bucket of my 95 SS I used to own.And other pic is of an actual dealer order invoice for a 96 B4U Caprice.This invoice is what you'll receive from GM Heritage center for your $50.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
[QUOTE="95wagon, post: 12137370, member
[/QUOTE]

Ya?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Here's your VIN RPO breakdown. Your 96 SS was going through final production on 9/19/95. So your build month needed for door jamb sticker is 9/95. Most of your SPID label codes on your SS will be similar to the sample SPID pic I posted above.
As far as cool original documentation,if you have stock interior try to carefully remove the trim sheet from under pass front bucket.Very fragile,like old newspaper. As for the GM Heritage original dealership order invoice,that is a nice piece to have as well.Worth the $50,imo. It does not list all the RPO's,but rather major option group packages and major stand alone options.Both have much historical info,etc..Here's a pic of an original. Here's the trim sheet out from under pass bucket of my 95 SS I used to own.And other pic is of an actual dealer order invoice for a 96 B4U Caprice.This invoice is what you'll receive from GM Heritage center for your $50.

I will have to check for that under the seat, but I doubt its there. Thank you for all this info. That's so interesting!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Regarding window stickers... Are you saying people try to fake them by adding extra options, or?

If the car is registered, DMV records would show that you own the car.

Really, to get a new SPID sticker, the only thing you SHOULD have to show would be your own personal ID. In practice, I'm not sure what the individual companies require. Of course, buying online also changes things a bit.
My wife had a Honda she lost the radio enable code to. Had to show proof of ownership to get the code at a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I know a guy who works at ECS. They have supplied labels for lots of names you would recognize. The guy I know is very exacting, these guys are legit.
Is there someone I should ask for directly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there someone I should ask for directly?
I spoke with my guy last night. They need the info they need because of licensing with GM and Federal Laws. No need to ask for anyone specific. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but as he explained it to me, some of those stickers are specific to the individual car it is on, because of the info on them, example is the sticker that shows the load capacity of the vehicle, dependent on how a car is optioned, those weights will be different car to car. Yes there were only about 3 options that I know of on a 96 SS, but a power passenger seat is heavier than a manual passenger seat. Try and get the info they are asking for.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts