Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a complete rear axle from a wagon. I've got a '94 w/2.56 open, want older 3.23 posi or 2.93 posi. I'm in Worcester, MA. Where, what cond, and how much? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
I wish you were closer. I dropped a 3.23 rear in a local Florida yard, and can not get it out from under the car. It must weigh 200 pounds. Shipping would be high as well.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i have a posi 2.93 axle out of a 95 caprice. $200 for it, imin Trumbull, CT. Its complete drum to drum, is rusty. I pulled all the brake hardware off but will include it.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Fred, just collect jacks from open trunks and jack the car up to pull the axle out.
The car is already high enough to get it out. I just can not physically move it. I am 5' 6" tall and old.Besides that, the yards here remove all of the jacks, so that idiots do not hurt themselves.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep 'em coming, guys. Thanks, 95BRMW...if I can't find one closer, I'll send you a PM. You think yours is rusty? I'm in the salt capital of New England. My drums have split.

·
Premium Member
20,281 Posts
I have a complete rear from my 9C1.....3.73 gears w/reluctor, Eaton posi, Yukon axles, steel brake lines.

I'll ship it via Greyhound if you want it.

PM me if interested.

KW

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The car is already high enough to get it out. I just can not physically move it. I am 5' 6" tall and old.Besides that, the yards here remove all of the jacks, so that idiots do not hurt themselves.
You need a yard buddy...Or get the guy with the forklift/front end loader to come drag it out. :D

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
You need a yard buddy...Or get the guy with the forklift/front end loader to come drag it out. :D
Someone was nice enough to pull it out from under the car trying to get the gears. They could not get the spider gear shaft out...I got the whole rear. It is for sale, but if I do not sell it, I will keep it as a spare, or for use in the White Elephant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts