Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Phoned summit, they were waiting on the camshaft to come in mid-November. I asked them to ship what they have. Just got tracking number for the resonators and valve springs. Apparently I got the last 2 resonators, we shall see...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Received my resonators from Summit. 24225 tail pipe has some damage, but hey, I was looking for these for well over a year, not like I can exchange it anyway lol.
Taito, any update on your resonators from Summit?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
As these appear (again and frequently) to be at least temporarily unavailable, just throwing out that I had tried this route too when doing the catback on my Cady. I don't find listing price now, but recall they were up there considering an all-in-one resonator/tailpipe. Not being able to find any in stock anywhare I elected to do without and just try the new system without any resonators and decide from there. Well, I installed half a 2-1/2" Summit catback (Heartthrob) with an H- kit, and after getting Flow Super 50s (chambered, and from reading seemed closest to great but discontinued Hooker Aeros) I resigned myself to turbo style mufflers - (despite them having FG packing - which I don't like) and went with 20" Dynomax. I get just the tiniest drone at 76mph on level ground so am ordering Jones 18" glasspaks (whick BTW look a good deal longer than pics of the Walker unit = quieter perhaps). The Heartthrob tips are nice S.S. so will just get some special hangers available from Dynamax, Pypes or other suppliers.

Jones.jpg Pypes.jpg Dynomax.jpg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts