Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need both windshield moldings in perfect condition or intact.
#5 on the diagram.

Shot my moldings so everyone might see what is wrong with mine.
(I wish these were available NOS, but they are not! :( )

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shot my moldings so everyone might see what is wrong with mine.
(I wish these were available NOS, but they are not! :( )

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Everyone has the same problem...

and I've bought several from sellers on this forum and scavenged more from the junk yards...guess what? No better than I had, and all are just like yours.

May I suggest cleaning thoroughly and using white (clear) Gorilla glue, clamping securely, a bit of body filler and a repaint with paint for plastic. They will never be perfect but then who's ever seen a perfect one? The end piece that is the problem (falling off), where it joins the rest of the molding, is smoothed into the piece at the joint. Age, and extremes of weather take a toll after so many years. Think what people will be doing in 20 or so years for restoration if these cars attain collectible status like the 4 door Tri-Five Chevys have finally reached today. There will be nothing left to work with that is plastic.

I'm still looking for ONE New Old Stock passenger side. All I care about anymore is the wagon. The Fleetwoods have too many little pieces that rot to ever keep them pristine, unless you bag 'em in the garage. Anyone like to drive their cars anymore as well as work on them all the time?

Occasionally I have to remember I enjoy this hobby because it is fun dealing with the challenges of 1:1 toy cars. On this Memorial Day holiday (since the real Memorial Day is the 30th), I think I'll take a drive in the wagon and be glad I still can!

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts