Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the windshield on the wagon and looking for the windshield reveal molding for the LH & RH sides. They are the same for the Buick Roadmaster, Chevrolet Caprice and Impala SS as well as the Fleetwood Brougham.

GM part numbers are:

10247720 (RH) and 10247721 (LH)

Of course they are on the "Discontinued" list, as are most parts we want for our cars these days. The reveal molding is the piece that goes between the door rubber gasket and the windshield. It is attached with screws into the windshiled frame. I will attempt to post a photo later.

I would like new pieces but will entertain excellent used IF the lower curved piece is intact...still firmly attached and unbroken.

Thanks for any positive response.

Please enjoy a fine Fourth of July Holiday weekend!

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Well, I did a national parts search and there is not a single dealer in the USA that has either one. Sorry. Good Luck in the search.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mike...

I appreciate the effort. Sent you a PM reply to your other note.

Maybe someone will have a piece sitting around or a take off that is not broken. If I'd only thought far enough ahead when Dal was in business and I was ordering from him...hinesight...then again we did not expect GM to teeter on the brink of oblivion either. That flushed a lot of parts.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I am going to the yard tomorrow, I will check on a pair for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NEW gm 10247721 molding

Are you still looking for this molding. I have a new one can email you pics. and was going to list it on ebay and did a google search to see what it was and see you were looking for one. I am from california and have a lot of NOS parts from the CHP. Mostly ford but alot of chevy parts keep showing up. Let me know if you are interested. thanks, al

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Message sent...

Thanks for the reply...email sent...

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate it...

Thanks for the offer. I will see what the response is and go from there. I have a goodly collection of these moldings in various condition other than intact. Soon will offer restored ones for sale I reckon...

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looking for a decent pair myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts