Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,369 Posts
Yeah......both cars will have a little reddish/orange engine block lit-up in the dash display.

KW

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Some guy told my bro that 95 impala SS's dont have CEL. My 95 9c1 has a CEL.
People like this should be greeted w/ a blank stare and then told that the car also does windows, emits a roselike perfume from it's exhaust, cures the common cold and wipes up behind you and discards the TP and remnants afterwards. It's truly an amazing car. :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would go find the guy. Turn on the ignition key and let him see the light on the dash. After he sees it, club him with a bat several times and grab a shovel.
Are you insane? Why the hell would you do something like that?

Save yourself the trouble and just hit him with the shovel. Don't want to waste a perfectly good bat on someone like that. Lol.

I have conversations like that with people all the time. My last boss cut my hours after I made her look stupid. She was in the USAF for a few years when she was younger and said B52s don't have ejection seats. I told her they did and I knew this because I know the guy who wrote the training program for the engineers to work on them.

Some people spew false info and think they are right and get pissed off when you correct them.

On second thought, make sure you have an aluminum bat when you find the guy lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
The '94-95 models are OBD1 and the 96 is OBD 2 but both have CELs.
I had a guy ask me once what size my engine was and I told him and he asked me why I didn't order the " big block" engine. I told him it wasn't an option and he told me it was because his brother-in-law had a big block '96 Impala from the factory. He went on to tell me how much faster the big block was compared to the small block. Since then I decided to never argue with a fool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.