Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to clear out some of my spare PC's I have in the basement.
Dell Optiplex GX260
Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
1.25 GB DDR400 RAM
ATI Radeon 7500
WD 160GB Hard Drive (NEW)
Windows XP Pro
CD Drive
Floppy Drive
Dell Reinstall Disc for XP Pro (Came with PC, original OS was 2K per CoA on unit)
Unit has no bad or venting capcitors. Comes with standard software laoded and updated and unit has been tested. I don't really make any $$$ off the spares I sell since goof balls think the only way to wipe a hard drive is to smash the hell out of it, so I'm always stuck pumping $50-60 Into a PC.
Would be a good unit to load up kid software for and not worry about it, etc. Good Shop PC for tuning if you of course don't need to datalog :)
$75.00 Shipped. Forgive the dust on the unit, it's clean now:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Do you sell these regularly? I don't need any at the moment, but come fall I may need a couple for the shop. I was going to hit the state auction and grab a few, but I always work on Auction days.

Doug

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you sell these regularly? I don't need any at the moment, but come fall I may need a couple for the shop. I was going to hit the state auction and grab a few, but I always work on Auction days.

Doug
not usually. I come accross a few desktops maybe once every couple of years, or when work doesn't have anymore room in inventory and they go to the recycle bin (since they're not super fast, they can't handle a lot of stuff we do at work)

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

Doug
I have a bunch of Pentium 3 machines with 40gb HDs with 384 to 512mb ram if you don't need anything super powerful. They run XP fine. I'm sure I'll have em for awhile, so just let me know if you want any on the cheap. My work upgraded a lot of pcs recently, and I offered to take the old ones off their hands :)

Oh and sorry for the thread jack Matt cwm7

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a bunch of Pentium 3 machines with 40gb HDs with 384 to 512mb ram if you don't need anything super powerful. They run XP fine. I'm sure I'll have em for awhile, so just let me know if you want any on the cheap. My work upgraded a lot of pcs recently, and I offered to take the old ones off their hands :)

Oh and sorry for the thread jack Matt cwm7

Do they come with XP, or are all of the HDS wiped? I recall those models had win2K on them.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Incase someone isn't quite clear, the unit has XP fully installed and updated on the Brand new 160GB hard drive. 1.25GB ram is more than enough to run most all basic programs on a single core machine such as this. the ATI card is a 64mb card, and will handle basic tasks and basic games. Simply put, if you want to browse the internet, word process, etc, this machine is rock solid.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I want a cheap laptop that I can use as a datalogger. People on the forum keep saying that they can get them for $30-$50 on Craigslist. That sure isn't true here.

A friend is thinking about giving me an old Linux laptop, so I would still have to buy Windows.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want a cheap laptop that I can use as a datalogger. People on the forum keep saying that they can get them for $30-$50 on Craigslist. That sure isn't true here.

A friend is thinking about giving me an old Linux laptop, so I would still have to buy Windows.

SHould be able to find a windows capable machine off ebay for less than $150. That's typically what I sell 6+ year old laptops for that are still decent machines. I had one but I donated it to someone at work that isn't very forunate, so no luck :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
i know this is a little random but since you guys have computers here, wondering if one of you might have a maxtor diamondmax plus 9 120gb...trying yo frankenstein a dead drive back to life.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Need to clear out some of my spare PC's I have in the basement.
Dell Optiplex GX260
Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
1.25 GB DDR400 RAM
ATI Radeon 7500
WD 160GB Hard Drive (NEW)
Windows XP Pro
CD Drive
Floppy Drive
Dell Reinstall Disc for XP Pro (Came with PC, original OS was 2K per CoA on unit)
Unit has no bad or venting capcitors. Comes with standard software laoded and updated and unit has been tested. I don't really make any $$$ off the spares I sell since goof balls think the only way to wipe a hard drive is to smash the hell out of it, so I'm always stuck pumping $50-60 Into a PC.
Would be a good unit to load up kid software for and not worry about it, etc. Good Shop PC for tuning if you of course don't need to datalog :)
$75.00 Shipped. Forgive the dust on the unit, it's clean now:

75$ shipped for this computer is a pretty good price...

wolf approved :)

Thanks

PS...if anyone in calf buys this computer and needs a monitor, i have a extra one you can have

1 - 16 of 16 Posts