Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one running a SS 3600 stall or similar experience sluggish performance prior to pcm tuning?

Well I am! And I really hope it is due to Vss drop-off or something easy that can be fixed with a tune.

Just installed my self-built motor and self-built transmission with a Yank SS-3600 stall. Transmission seems really sluggish/slipping, almost like a 2nd or 3rd gear start, if I manually shist to 1 or 2 it feels a lil better but not right.

I'll be sending my PCM to pcmforless today in hopes of correcting my issue.

I really hope the "self-built" part is not my problem--:confused:

Tell me what you think?????????????

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
What gears are you running currently?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still on stock 3.08's I believe. hoping to install 3.73's by end of year.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
You absolutely have the wrong gears for the 3600 TC.

Add in the fact that your engine set-up would almost require (at least) 3.42 gears (with 3.73 gears being better), the 58mm TB, and that you still don't have a proper tune......I can see why your tranny feels like it's slipping!

Yeah.....the 'self-built' tranny could still be an issue, but even a perfectly rebuilt tranny would still leave you with a car that performs........poorly :( .

IMHO, of course.

KW

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback fellas.

I will most definately be changing the gears sooner than later, 3.73's at a minimum. I just sent my PCM out today for a tune.

Really hope this stall works out as I would hate to pull the tranny to put the stock back in..... Guess I'll wait n see.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts