Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what exactly has to be cut and welded on 96 impalas for proper installation. thanks for the help

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
upper spring perch has to be cut on front for clearance,weld in brackets in lower arms if you are gonna put bags or no welding if adding shockwave bags,for rear cut off old spring perches on axles cut upper spring perchs for clearance and weld brackets to axles.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no need to remove the factory spring perches on the rear axle if you have a set of lower cups that are designed in such a way that they fit over the perch as the coil spring would. In fact, it's advisable to have such a mounting system on these cars as our suspensions, when in full droop, extend farther than the maximum travel of airsprings. Air springs should never be over extended or be in tension, as it can cause them to rip or separate.

If you go with one of the setup from Air Ride Technologies, the only cutting you will need to do is up front on the outer side of the spring pocket.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would recommend the setup from airride like Mike says. Aside from the upper control arm mods, you can have the system installed and working in a few hours. Took me about 10 alltogether, but there were numerous breaks, alot of BS-ing (shop full of curious people), and a run in with another buddy trying to help out when we were on lunch break that installed the rear setup wrong lol.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. as far as the set up goes, i delt with bags and brackets.com. it consist of 2 Slam specialties rs-62 bags for rear, 2 SS rs 72's for front. its just going to be F,B system for now, and later ill add the other 4 valves for the S to S. thanks again. do any of you have any pics for a how to? there really should be a sticky for this subject. if no one has pics, ill be sure to take some good ones while i install mine (plenty of time for those during my frequent beer and smoke breaks)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, where isthe best location for the front shock relocation braket? thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are right, there should be a sticky for this subject. threeimpalas, arent you a mod? can you have this or another subject pertaining to bags be a sticky thread?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3imps is still (probably) waiting on me. I had taken on the responsibility of making the "sticky" for this one... then got a little side tracked.. sorry guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts