Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shop installed new PST kit, centerlink, alignment and NAISSO body bushings kit yesterday. $480 @ 8 hours for the front end, $60 @ 1 hour for the body bushings, and $49.95 for the alignment.

I didn't feel the drastic SOTP changes that many have reported but it certainly feels and drives better. I also believe the body bushings have made an improvement as well. The ZQ8 bumpstops arrived today so if it ever stops raining I'll install those as well.

I've given up thinking my SSRI will ever arrive so the next mod with be the Eaton and 3.73s Friday.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How many miles did you have on the od? I just did mine this last weekend w/ 204,000 miles on the stock front end, it was a world of difference. I dont remember the car taking curves like that when I first bought it at 51,000 miles.

Remember, experience is one of the best teachers. A Chilton manual is a very handy aid. Next time try it yourself. That would have been $500 for another mod. I did mine myself on a gravel driveway. Rented the pickle fork from Autozone for the balljoints and tie rods, and just removed the springs and reinstalled them the old fashion way, alot quicker than using the spring compressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts