Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was @ the proving grounds and saw with my own eyes A front wheel drive Park Avenue with rear drive LS1 and 6 speed. the headers went out into the fender wells like a A body dodge. lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to Barrett-Jackson while they were auctioning the Heritage Collection off. Didn't bid on anything and had no intention.

The one car that really stuck out in my mind was a hopped up Metro. It was really odd. They'd done a powerplant improvement (on the existing shortblock) and an appearance package.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well that answers my question if it's possible to have an LS series engine in a Roadmaster. :D Probably requires a complete re-design of the engine bay though... :O

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well that answers my question if it's possible to have an LS series engine in a Roadmaster. :D Probably requires a complete re-design of the engine bay though... :O
Actually, from the info I gathered. GM spent the money to have the whole B-body line compatible with the LS1. They were doing the testing and getting the numbers ready for the federal regulations when the plug got pulled.

When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The last B-body impala rolled off the assembly line in Dec. 1996. Which is technically the 1997 model year. In which the LS1 was already in the Corvette, and headed to the Camaro in 8 months.

So sad what woulda, coulda, shoulda...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts