Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '95 R/M wagon. For the last couple months I'm getting a clunk every time I hit a bump on the right front wheel. The only mod I made to the front end was a fatter sway bar.
I'm hearing a lot about lower ball joint or control arm bushings. Is that the problem or have you guys found something else? I've been underneath and cant see anything obvious. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Make sure your bump stop is still there. Then try and move your wheel to see if your joints or bushings have play. I would also look at your sway bar and see if it has been hitting anything. My wagon has 126k on it and I started replacing steering parts @ 105k it all depends on the car when parts need replaced. I have now replaced every steering part except the bushings that I will that next week (due to a clunk when I stop and take off).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the grommits on sway bar rod are centered in A-arm hole with little protrusions protecting from metal-to-metal chafing. Maybe check the same condition occurring on your shock tops. Besides that, "control arm bushings".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.