Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a few camaros (3) at Pick-a-Part need to know if the cluster is the same on Z28/Camaro? other than 3.8ltr on engine on (1) there were no IDs on car. I did see the door jam label indicating there were 95/96s.

·
Registered
690 Posts
v8 LT1 = cluster 150 MPH

v6 3.8L = cluster 115 MPH

some v8 LT1s came with the 115 MPH cluster but why risk it.

you can use a 115 mph cluster everything will work but your tach will not be accurate. Their was a member here that installed one, he had 26-28 inch wheels on his car and said that everything worked. even posted a picture of his cluster reading 25 mph and the tach was reading high 4000 rpm or more don't remember the exact number but it was very high.

we both know that if your car is going 25 MPH and the motor is pushing over 4K rpm you have some major issues. I think he was under the impression a working tach is when the needle moves up and down.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How BIG of a deal is it,,,,

To replace a 95 impala "digital" cluster with a Z28 LT1 cluster?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is it

Is it plug and play?

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Is it plug and play?

you'll need a wiring harness and then its plug play, hit up bob94, he sales the harness, theres gonna be alot of modding to the dash to get the cluster to fit, check qualo's handbook, step by step on the swap is in that handbook

also, why get a 110 or 115mph, cluster, when your car goes faster then that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Interesting

I am going to look into this!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it plug and play?
Pretty much what BabyBlu said, plus Bob94 sells both the cluster/harness complete (hit him up> cool guy to deal with) I simply came across a few at the pick-a-part and didnt want to pull the wrong one (110MPH)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts