Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2 inch lowering springs. I was wondering about my bump stops, will stock be ok or should i order some ZQ8s? How much would they cost and were is the best site to purchase them?
Yes i did some searches.
Couldn't find #$%*

Please help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Get them from Dal and probably about 15 bucks for the set. Without them I would scrap my from lower bumper lip with them I don't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I buy then at a website or do have to go to a dealership. If I go to a dealership how should I ask? For bumpstops from a S10? What year? or will they know what i'm talking about? :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search for 'zq8 part number'. Take the part number to your local dealer. Or, just do a search for 'contact Dal'. Get in touch with him, and tell him you want to order some zq8 bump stops. He'll get you good pricing, and fair shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just click the link in my thread for "Dal's" name. It's the cheapest you're going to find them. You will pay more at the standard dealership than it will be from Dal with shipping included.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This should make it nice and easy for you.

Here's the p/n: 15956547. Got them for $8.57 each plus shipping/handling thru Dal at 1-800-362-9494.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wayne, I've read alot of info on these bumpstops, and my frame is resting on these bumpstops (I think my front end is about .25-.5 inches higher in the front now). So, has it been decided or confirmed that you need to cut them so they are 1/8 - 1/4 gap between the top of the bumptstop and the frame??

If so, I'm assuming the best way to trim them is by removing the bumpstop from it's casing (or whatever you'd call it), and trim the bottom so you leave the tapering at the top???

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For them to behave the way they are supposed to, they should have some gap, but with lowering springs it's a different ball game. If it were me, I'd probably shoot for little or no gap, but also not much pressure on the stop with the car sitting empty if there is no gap.

I'm guessing that the ideal method of shortening them would be to remove the base and shorten it from that end, then cut new grooves for the base to hold it in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.